Search results

1. Gwynfor

Clan Vs Devils - League - 22nd Oct 22 - 19.00 FO

Anyone heading up to this one & Fife the next day?
  2. Gwynfor

Away Travel is Back!

Are you going up for the Scotland double header?
  3. Gwynfor

Freesport tv announce!!

Would be good if a pub in Cardiff could show some of the away games. I'd be proper up meeting up with a bunch of Devils fans to watch the game and have a few drinks.
  4. Gwynfor

Booing the team

He's on about the song that everyone goes 'WOOOOOOO!!' to. Whether he's joking or not is another thing entirely though...
  5. Gwynfor

Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

People are snowed in all over the valleys at the moment and there's no public transport running today in Cardiff. The conditions will have to improve massively for Sunday.
  6. Gwynfor

Hockey Fans insight required

Done. Some very insightful questions on there, the results would be interesting to see.
  7. Gwynfor

New Cardiff Baseball team

I'm currently in my third year of university at Aberystwyth at the moment but when I return to Cardiff I'd be genuinely interested in giving this a go!
  8. Gwynfor

IAW shop

If the shop are actually losing out on sales then surely they could look at setting up an supplementary stall somewhere in the arena on match days. They could stock just a few items that sell the best (foam fingers and the like).
  9. Gwynfor

HC Davos v Devils - Thurs 24th Aug 2017 / 7.45

Anyone know where updates will be posted on this game?
  10. Gwynfor

More Seats

It is very easy for the likes of season ticket holders to try and shut down debate and discussion of seating expansion of the IAW, as for them, getting a seat and watching our beloved Devils play is obviously not an issue. However, the recent sell outs, while definitely being a very good thing...
  11. Gwynfor

WANTED: Old Sticks

I'm looking to buy old hockey sticks. I'm not looking for anything particularly fancy just some basic, intact sticks to be used for ball/inline hockey. I'm currently attempting to set up a ball hockey club here in sunny Aberystwyth and I am in need of both right and left handed sticks to...
  12. Gwynfor

RIP Manchester Phoenix

https://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/news/2854/phoenix-statement Just announced, very sad news.
  13. Gwynfor

IAW needs more seats.

Replacing the CIA with a 8k+ seater arena is a must. If this is done soon then the Devils could look at doing what Sheffield do: split their 'bigger' and 'smaller' games between a multi-purpose Arena and IAW. That in my eyes could be a solution, though expansion of IAW seems more doable.
  14. Gwynfor

IAW needs more seats.

We are seeing Devils games sell out more and more of late and as great as it is for the club itself, it's beginning to become something of a problem for fans. I don't have the chance to come to the Devils much as I live away from Cardiff but when I am able to go, I've found that it is...
  15. Gwynfor

RIP Manchester Phoenix

Looks like it's the end of the Manchester Phoenix.... https://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/news/2850/end-era Looks like since they lost their home ice to the Storm they've slowly been killed off. It's always sad to lose a hockey club. Where does this leave the EPIHL? At 9 teams perhaps, or...
  16. Gwynfor

Dedicated Curling Rink in Wales

The Welsh Curling Association are trying to establish the first dedicated curling rink in Wales. At the moment they have to make to with just 4 hours a week on a Monday at Deeside ice rink. Get behind their campaign to get a temporary rink built which will help more Welsh people get into the...
  17. Gwynfor

Devils v Panthers - 10/12 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Just checked the MNL, the scorline is one thing but the Devils having no fight! There should be hits and blood all over the place by now!
  18. Gwynfor

LOOKING GOOD

Exciting times! After tonight's win against the Caps, the Devils' win rate stands at 81% after 21 games... not bad. Our next four games see the Devils face Nottingham and Sheffield two times each. Sheffield are our biggest competitor for the league title, so if we can manage two wins over them...
  19. Gwynfor

EIHL: a third tier league?

Here's a task for you then: Post a mocked up list with each tier and below that the teams that slot into that tier etc. I'm talking about on a world scale.
  20. Gwynfor

EIHL: a third tier league?

Many people have said the the quality of the EIHL is equivalent to the third tier of North American Hockey, with the NHL being 1st and the AHL being second. What about the other leagues of Europe and the rest of the world? How do they 'rank' if you will?