Search results

1. august04 2.0

Retro Night Jersey...

That jersey is a thing of beauty, the best looking jerseys I’ve seen us wear for a long time. Lots of debate on the new logo, but bloody hell that old one looks so much better! The club will sell a lot of these. I’d like to see us launch a retro jersey every year as a third/fourth jersey, with...
  2. august04 2.0

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Tell me where I said that?
  3. august04 2.0

No, I don’t think it is. You may feel that way, and I would tend to agree with you in this instance - although I personally try to keep to the mantra “attack the post, not the poster”. Not always easy on here though to stick to that. Not sure the comments that I referred to should be coming from...
  4. august04 2.0

Absolutely no problem with any poster posting whatever they want and when they want. I do think it’s a little unusual on here though for the forum admin to seemingly criticise posters who view in “black and white” and then look a “bit stupid“. Who cares as long as they haven’t broken any forum...
  5. august04 2.0

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

I hope Sanford isn't injured obviously, but I’d love to see him on the next plane back to Canada, and he can take his mate Cox with him. As you say, we might get the “old” Joey Martin back then too. Good win last night, would be nice to finish the tournament with an expected win tonight too, and...
  6. august04 2.0

Nomads Vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 12th Jan 24 - FO 20:00

Soaked up pressure, good netminding and clinical finishing. When the Devils do that away from home and take the points, we'd all agree that we'd played the perfect road game. I think we should be giving Astana a little more credit instead of blaming bad luck and the hockey gods! They’ve beaten...
  7. august04 2.0

Carruth

For me Osaer has been our best goalie ever, he was quite exceptional in his first spell with us.
  8. august04 2.0

Storm Vs Devils - League - 6th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

It’s a good win. There's no point playing physical if there’s no need to and it sounds pretty comfortable tonight. I’d rather we save that for Belfast tomorrow and entertain our home fans, after the Guildford and Sheffield debacles.
  9. august04 2.0

CANCELLED - Devils Vs Giants - League - 7th Jan 24 - FO 18:00

This weekend will be very interesting. After watching the behind the scenes stuff, it’s clear that this team has now been well and truly called out by PR, quite rightly. He's not going to stand there and protect them anymore, nor should he if they’re not listening to him and not putting in the...
  10. august04 2.0

Inside Cardiff Devils Episode 4 ?

It struck me that some of these players are just not listening to Russell, for whatever reason. He won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. The “soft” guys doing all the “complaining” are obviously known within the camp as Crandall alluded to. They need to be shipped out asap. and replaced by...
  11. august04 2.0

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Well if they are reinvesting into the club (of which the team is the most important aspect for us fans), then they’re not exactly getting value for money with this rabble.
  12. august04 2.0

From the many posts on here, it seems the club has lost its way both on and off the ice. As someone has already mentioned, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of fan representative to discuss issues with the club management? At the moment it seems to be TK's way or the highway, as evidenced by...
  13. august04 2.0

I can’t argue with that list and I’d add others too. Cox and Sanford might raise some eyebrows but not for me - they are both capable of scoring heavily but too often vanish when the heat Is on. This has to be their last year in Cardiff for me, but I don’t think they’ll go before the end of the...
  14. august04 2.0

People wanting rid of Batch should remember that Richie can’t go on forever! Brit D men aren’t exactly in abundance.
  15. august04 2.0

Well they announced in Jan 23 that no space was available for the Conti Cup Winners in the next CHL season and I haven’t seen anything since then that’s changed that position. I could be wrong though, but I’m sure we would have heard about it by now if that was the case. And I’d love your...
  16. august04 2.0

CC ContI Cup I meant, not Challenge Cup. Agree, not qualifying for the next round of the Challenge Cup was a financial disaster.
  17. august04 2.0

They ruined the CC when the CHL spot for the winners was removed. It made winning it meaningless, as seen with teams better qualified than us, declining to enter. It’s a second rate tournament in a congested season. I’d rather win a a domestic competition any day than that crock of shit. Not...
  18. august04 2.0

Well those 9 fan bases aren’t laughing now! I agree it’s not unfair to say he was lucky to be coach this season, but that isn’t what was posted originally!
  19. august04 2.0

I didn’t mention any expectation for the CHL! We didn’t qualify, how can I have any expectations to compete in that competition? But the CC is a complete waste of time with very little prestige and no real incentive for the winners, in an already congested season.