Search results

1. S

Marsh-One game ban

Not a lot of difference between this and Lloyd's hit on Hotham earlier this season which got 1 game. Seems pretty consistent in that regard :Banana
  2. S

Tommy Muir EiHL Player of week

I appreciate this comment is likely said with humour intended and it was the Flyers fan who brought up the issue (and has made provocative posts), but I'm not sure this is the place for discussion of this topic. I know you like to wind people up on here Finny, but in this instance I feel it is...
  3. S

Predictions for the New Season.....

Can't we just ask Mosienko and save on the guesswork? :)
  4. S

Latest rink update

It's a new thing. https://www.flickr.com/photos/122778799 ... 502691662/
  5. S

2014/2015 - Club shenanigan rumours

That's been the model for years though. Squeeze as much as you can out of the rump fan base and neglect investment in marketing to increase the customer base. It's certainly not exclusive to the current ownership sadly :(
  6. S

2014/2015 - Club shenanigan rumours

It would be sensible for the club to announce a couple of signings for season tickets I would have thought, but I'm not too worried about the eventual team we put out. Obviously it would be good to keep Richardson, but when you look at the team make up it's potentially not so bad. With Bowns...
  7. S

winter olympics - Hockey coverage

I always forget about this section of the forum :oops: What a wonderful tournament so far. The only downside is the BBC's pathetic coverage on their television channels. I don't expect them to show lots of group games on the main channel as it's much easier to package the other sports into...
  8. S

Cardiff Devils App

What phone do you have dave? It hasn't asked me any of that yet on the iphone... I'm delighted the Devils have brought out an app. Booking tickets via an app/highlights etc. Should be a great way to interact with fans and hopefully draw some new ones in :)
  9. S

Blight to Steelers

Steelers tried to sign Tendler this week and were refused. http://www.hullstingrays.net/article/16 ... 0statement It's highly likely they approached the Devils rather than he's been shafted. We can debate the merits of the decision and there are valid arguments on both sides I would say. My...
  10. S

CDRA Open letter

True. Fingers crossed for another good crowd Sunday with the way the team is playing! Looks like it had a big impact in Scotland and last night :)
  11. S

CDRA Open letter

Well yes, but there was also a lot of optimism based on the team that was signed combined with the impressive/entertaining pre-season games. So that could be one reason for he early season attendances. It certainly convinced me to keep giving it a go :) I certainly couldn't be convinced that...
  12. S

CDRA Open letter

It's difficult to quantify exact reasons for the lower attendance, but given our abysmal start to the season and resulting league position I'd say that was actually not a particularly worrying drop. The live stream has to be taken into account as well of course, particularly with away fans...
  13. S

Latest rink update

Hey, pretty much as you've said and there's also been a digger on site presumably doing some preparatory work. The encouraging thing is so far it's exactly as stated by Pooneil :)
  14. S

CDRA Open letter

I'm not sure who this is aimed at, but to clarify that's not what I'm doing and sounds like it's not what James is doing. (perhaps it's happening on twitter?) I'm merely reporting what I was told by friends I trust, who of course I'm going to believe over people i've never met (as we all would)...
  15. S

CDRA Open letter

I was told 50-60 by people who were outside who I trust FWIW. Either way there were a lot more people inside I guess. Seemed like a big crowd for a midweek game and at least we were all treated to a beauty :)
  16. S

Devils @ Capitals - Jan 26th, 6pm - Chat & Updates

I'm Devils Pete and so's my wife :D PS Well done Devils and fans on a fantastic performance/result!
  17. S

My Bumper Cardiff Devils debate thread for boys (and girls)

Re: My Bumper Cardiff Devils debate thread for boys (and gir In fairness, I think that it's a reactionary move rather than anything else. As Stub says, from the NHL down the game is changing and now foul play is being dealt with increasingly through the disciplinary process rather then on...
  18. S

Devils @ Flyers - Jan 25th - 7:15pm - Chat/Updates

Excellent result. Congrats to players, staff and of course the RED ARMY for no doubt being the extra skater! :D