Search results

1. G

Caps big loss

The Caps back up didn't travel so the Giants must have offered up young Andrew Dickinson as i think EIHL rules state you have to have 2 netminders dressed for the game. Rudowsky had the nightmare of all nightmares last night, we scored 2 goals in the opening minute on our first 2 shots and were...
  2. G

Voth vs Mcmorrow

Sean 'one punch' McMorrow, it only took them 13 seconds not much of a scrap but Giants seemed to feed of it and went 3 up before 3 powerplay goals by the Devils leveled things up I'd put my house on them going early doors tomorrow night.
  3. G

Voth vs Mcmorrow

The quotes posted from McMorrow are from his pr when his signing was announced, he at the minute doesn't appear to be a total goon. Thornton is playing him on the powerplay plonking him in front of the goalie using him as a screen and he's been getting more ice time in recent games also...
  4. G

Cardiff Devils vs Hull Stingrays - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thornton got banned last year for allegedly ;) striking Payette with his stick, he watched from the stands and then went into the locker room during the period breaks. If Adams gets a ban then i'm sure he would be free to do the same.
  5. G

Pre-season games!

Was at the pre season game last night, it was men against boys as the Vipers had some of their younger guys playing to fill the gaps. The Giants were missing Thornton, McMorrow, Cook and Murphy. Faubert looks like he's going to be a star in this league he was awesome along with Bateman and...
  6. G

Rumours Thread

- As far as i know McMorrow is on his way, however there is a rumour that Thornton hasn't recovered from an operation and may not be able to play which would leave 1 import spot left which i would assume would be Awada who maybe hasn't retired as first thought. Thornton would then remain as...
  7. G

Rumours Thread

Giants confirm signing of Michael Jacobsen http://www.belfastgiants.com/archives/j ... -signs-up/ A 4 import d with 2 capable players backing them up looks good, lets hope they can give Murphy and Craze plenty of protection.
  8. G

Rumours Thread

With players only having to give 2 weeks notice it could be any of our import signings, got a better offer, a job outside of hockey i guess we will just have to wait and see.
  9. G

Challenge Cup Groups...

Its the exact same group we had as last year which we went through undefeated on our way to lifting the trophy :D p.s we lost the first leg of the final but won the second does that count as undefeated? :?
  10. G

Pre-season games!

Giants only have 1 pre season friendly against the Vipers on the 27th August, we don't play again until our first league game away to the Panthers on the 5th September. I'm not sure if this enough time together on the ice, its hard to replicate match intensity in training.
  11. G

Key Player

Craze played the first 2 rounds of the BK cup against Steelers and then Blaze, only that he injured himself celebrating after a league win Lyle came in and played semi-final and final. In the Challenge cup he played against the Vipers as we were already secured a place in the 2nd phase as we...
  12. G

New Fixtures

Well the good news for you guys is that your first game of the season definitely wont be away to Belfast :) , the Odyssey is booked out that weekend so we may be coming to the bay. We have to wait until the 12th of September before we get to see our team play :( . Also the Giants fixtures this...
  13. G

Key Player

As a Giants fan i rated Lyle quite highly, we had an attack minded D last year with Burgoyne, Howells and Phillips all playing as an extra forward sometimes which left us open at the back, we gave up a lot of odd man rushes leading to goals against so its hard to pin the blame on the goalie...
  14. G

Rumours Thread

He was apparently heading to Europe with Deniset Martin and Robbins and with our recent signings he doesn't appear to be coming back to Belfast. What didn't you like about him? he was a good player on the ice and his shorthanded goal in the dying minutes of the challenge cup will never be...
  15. G

Playoff qualifiers

Looking forward to a great game at the Odyssey, hopefully by then we will be double cup winners :D :D and can carry that momentum onto this game. Giants form isn't an accurate measuring stick as Thornton has rested players and players have played on different lines to conserve energy for the...
  16. G

Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - 07/03 - Chat/Updates

Is there any word yet if this game is going to be on the internet radio? The link to the last game didn't work. Thanks
  17. G

Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - 07/02 - Chat & Updates

2 line hockey for the Giants this weekend :cry: We still have quality forwards who can put the puck in the net ie Shields, Cheverie and Thornton. We are 5 zip against the Devils this year so we know how to win in your rink. This 1 could go all the way to penalty shots as our D is very solid...
  18. G

Devils vs Giants Sunday 12th 6pm. Chat/Updates

This is our 3rd game in four days and you guys have had 2 days off, Voth will be back and Campbell so only one winner for me GIANTS :D The Giants were very good against the Steelers and ended up cruising the 3rd period, winning breeds confidence and i don't think this team can do much wrong at...
  19. G

Dave Simms bingo

Think Simmsy will say" hello folks" first :D Only joking, i think his first phrase will include the line "its going to be a barn burner tonight".
  20. G

The Real Problems

The Big D men are used to playing a hard hitting physical game and now have to adjust their style of play to suit the SSIHL The players can still play a hard hitting physical game, the current problems arose when players crossed the line. Voth slashed the player and was penalised, Kozak hit a...