Search results

1. Jones72

Ice sports shafted by Cardiff Council…again

Just been told that the ice sports community has been shafted AGAIN by Cardiff Council. The second ice pad is being binned off and is now getting rented out to a group who want to put…a climbing wall there. A CLIMBING wall!!! What possible reason is there to create yet another bloody climbing...
  2. Jones72

Glasgow Clan

Just spotted the announcement about the rebranding from Braehead to Glasgow Clan. Smart move, and a better logo. Wondered what the general consensus was?
  3. Jones72

Booing the team

So I was at the game tonight, and while it wasn’t the greatest performance, I was shocked to hear the crowd booing the team. It happened when that Austrian music came on (the one with the up-beat accordion melody). The music sort of goes “Doodle-Doodle-Do-Do-Do” and then a large portion of the...
  4. Jones72

One for the boys

Hockey hotties You're welcome.
  5. Jones72

Dear Santa

Dear Santa I've (mostly) been a good boy this year. There have only been couple...well, a few...cruel jeers at opposing players and refs - though I don't think the "Oi...Hewitt..Yer 'eads on upside down!" during the introductions counts because at least three of his team mates laughed, and...
  6. Jones72

The 2014/15 edition of the annual obligatory intro music thr

You know it's going to happen, so may as well get it started. Maybe the team entrance is a bit tired by now. Here's my suggestion for the coming season. http://youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc Thankyouplease.
  7. Jones72

Internet-based arguments

Seems so appropriate for this organisation, and this forum... http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/internet-argument-resolved-2014030584268 Enjoy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
  8. Jones72

Booing

You know who you are. Have a word with yourselves. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
  9. Jones72

Shoooooooot!

I have it on good authority that the club is adding to the match night entertainment starting from next weekend. Recognising the increase in the numbers of people shouting "Shoot! SHOOOOOOOOOOT!" at times throughout the game, coupled with the frequency that those calls are made at totally...
  10. Jones72

The happy happy joy joy thread

Don't know if it'll take off, but I thought this thread was desperately needed on this forum. No negativity, no conspiracy theories, no rumours, no back-stabbing...just lots of lovely loveliness and positivity. Over to you, my fellow Devils fans, and members of the lovely Red Army extended...
  11. Jones72

Going cheap:

Elite Ice Hockey League credibility. Hardly used, but needs to be shifted PDQ as it's obviously just taking up valuable space. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Jones72

Major changes for next season

I have it on good authority that far from being satisfied with their recent acquisition, and wanting to return to the sport for which they've had such a love for many years, a major global player is due to announce its acquisition of the rights to the Elite Ice Hockey League. To add to it's...
  13. Jones72

Parking at the game last night

This is sure to cause a bit of controversy, but it's bugging me and everyone else seems OK with voicing opinions on here, so here goes... First off, I wasn't impressed with the parking arrangements last night. Frankly it was chaos and I missed the start of the game because of it...and I wasn't...
  14. Jones72

Boooo...Everything sucks

I for one am totally unhappy with everything that the club does, and I think it all sucks. Why I bother going to games is totally beyond me. I think G is a totally rubbish coach, and between him and Franny they couldn't recruit any good players even if such players walked up to them and asked...
  15. Jones72

Welcome back Vother!!!

Get in!!! http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/hell- ... is-coming/ Happy days! --- - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Jones72

A Christmas Story

This was in Saturday's programme, and I'm sure that (considering the festive spirit) nobody will mind me posting it on here for those that may not have seen it. Anyway...here goes...and apologies in advance for any typos... A Christmas Story by Victoria Silverwood Once upon a time, in...
  17. Jones72

Devils piece in Pro Hockey News

A great article in Pro Hockey News from our very own Victoria Silverwood: http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/pub ... ckey.shtml I'll let the article speak for itself...but well done Vic! Great photos from Jess Roberts as well.
  18. Jones72

Cardiff Demons & Anthony Nolan Trust: Snowdon

Sorry to post this on here, and I hope the mods can turn a blind eye for a little while...but it's a good cause... On the weekend of 22/23 August members of the Cardiff Demons ice hockey team along with support from family, friends and the Devils Community Foundation, will be climbing to the...
  19. Jones72

Any news on Cowie?

Not seen anything elsewhere, so any news on how Cowmeadow is doing?
  20. Jones72

Vother's penalty shot

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere but I've just come back from a trip and can't find anything on it...so... Anyone have a link to Vother's penalty shot on Lehman?