Search results

1. Big Gazza

Rule Clarification

Thanks Diablo...a straight answer and as I thought. So the league have recognised the stripes made an error. No apology to the Devils, and no action against the stripes. Not even 100 lines "I must learn the rules". :mad: If I don't do my job correctly there are consequences....but it seems...
  2. Big Gazza

Rule Clarification

On the EIHL website there is an article that says: During Game 247, Belfast Giants vs. Cardiff Devils on Sunday 19 March, a video review was initiated by the officials for a high stick in the lead up to a goal during the first period. To clarify: In Elite League regular season games, a video...
  3. Big Gazza

Fournier Released

At this stage of the season are we an attractive opportunity for a free agent to come and spend 10 weeks in the UK, the majority of which being spent in Gods Country? Thoughts?
  4. Big Gazza

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

I cant believe that Dupont has been appointed as our coach when there are so many other options. So many people on the forum would probably be far cheaper and seem to know so much more about what's good and bad. I liked Carruth last season, but for the previous 6 seasons i liked Bownsy. I'd...
  5. Big Gazza

The Wednesday Final

So the date for the final in Belfast is Wednesday 16th March.....but
  6. Big Gazza

Devils Vs Flames - League - 19th Feb 22

Thanks for confirming. Watson for Flames was given two 5 minute fighting penalties but was not thrown out so just wondering why.
  7. Big Gazza

Devils Vs Flames - League - 19th Feb 22

It was very entertaining! Can anyone clarify the current rules around fighting as they change so frequently I struggle to keep up. I thought if a player received two fighting penalties it meant an automatice game penalty. Is that not the case any more?
  8. Big Gazza

Youth Olympics and Brent Pope

He left at the end of second period...
  9. Big Gazza

What's Entertainment?

Thanks all...some interesting comments and views. Although it seems Slartibartfast got the wrong end of the stick....I wasn't asking for members viewpoint on whether I should still go....I am quite capable of making that decision alone. It's probably true that the majority of people who post on...
  10. Big Gazza

What's Entertainment?

Would like to get thoughts and views from people on what depicts "being entertained" at a devils game. As a season ticket holder for the last two seasons and previously a buy game by game supporter, without missing many home games in the last 10 years or so I've been really disappointed this...
  11. Big Gazza

Early face off times

It is frustrating and not good to publish the thoughts of Todd and Katrina after the event of the fixtures coming out. We have 5 midweek home games at 7:30 go. What about families for these? The games with early fo are double headers. This is because most non ST holders will only come to one...
  12. Big Gazza

Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

Giants were a long way in front of us tonight. Keefe knew what had to be done, and how they needed to play and they did it to a tee. Although I think the intro videos are great, tonight's was a bit OTT right at the end 'We slay giants' .....for the Giants players stood on the blue line watching...
  13. Big Gazza

Buyback Scheme

As usual on this forum, many don't read the posts properly, or if they do, they don't understand them. I am not in any way saying the scheme should not operate. The Buy-Back scheme is really good, and was first operated at Cardiff City Stadium in the premiership year. Many of the processes...
  14. Big Gazza

Buyback Scheme

Because money talks. It's really disappointing as the Devils management put over the impression of how important they consider the fans to be and then offer a paltry £5 to buy a ticket from someone who has paid around £14 for it and then resell it for approx. £15 - the desired result being an...
  15. Big Gazza

Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

WOW. Having cancelled an operation to go to Belfast on the weekend, I was gutted when the alternative date they offered me was 7th Feb. I could not cancel again so had to forego the opportunity to go to tonights game. Had my op this morning and now feel on top of the world.....because the boys...
  16. Big Gazza

DEVILS v Blaze - Tue 26 (FO 6pm - home) & Wed 27 (FO 7:30pm (away) ) Dec 2017 - League - Chat/Updat

Excellent post Rempel16....I totally agree. I have been watching this team for about 16 years now, and up until the last couple of seasons what kept me going to game after game home and away was the style, passion, aggressive nature and ferocious game I have grown to love. It was not the winning...
  17. Big Gazza

Frustrating Stuff......

I get the bit around close to face off, but on a Monday with no game until the following weekend.....just a "xyz was out with a shoulder injury" would do for me.
  18. Big Gazza

Frustrating Stuff......

Two things I'm finding really annoying, that fellow forum users might be able to explain 1. Players not playing - Why is it that when we have players out, for whatever reason, it is as though they have disappeared off the face of the earth. Why don't we, the fans, get to know what the issue is...
  19. Big Gazza

CHL - August Away Games

Just wondering how many fans are going to Davos and / or Liberec. Bit of a task getting to these games so will be interesting to get some idea of numbers!
  20. Big Gazza

Conferences

3 conferences...different teams in challenge cup....league conf is us, Belfast, panthers & squeelers. In CC we are in with Chavs, Flames and MK.