Search results

1. P

Devils Vs Clan - 17 Mar 19 - League

Funny there is only one comment re Bowns tonight, seems some only want to post when they can have a pop. Devils are struggling to score recently and Bowns is pulling off some fantastic saves to keep them in games. Shame the haters can’t give credit where due. What does the guy have to do to get...
  2. P

Giants Vs Devils - 22 & 23 Feb 19 - League

It’s a real shame Bentivoglio went down (possibly tripped) otherwise I think sure goal and no need for laptopgate
  3. P

Agree with what you say though, Devils played much better in the second game and having held on for so long were unlucky in a few ways. Hopefully Giants will drop more points than Devils in the remaking games.
  4. P

It’s funny isn’t it, I thought Bowns made some world class saves to keep Devils in the game for so long over both nights but many Devils fans only seem to see the opposition nms these days and it’s easy to blame the D after what happened. But always a team game. Was the goal a sure goal? I’m not...
  5. P

‘To beat the Giants on home ice Devils need to be on top of their game. They weren’t close to that, it was a tight game but every time devils got on a PP or in a good position they messed it up.’ THIS ^. Lots of posts blaming one player on here & social media. Strangely few looking at the team...
  6. P

Devils Vs MKL / MKL Vs Devils - 16 & 17 Feb 19 - League

Few observations from the game: Defence starts with forwards, some aren’t buying in. Constant line changes doesn’t help consistency. Devils giving up way too many grade A chances and not creating anywhere near enough. Simple hockey sometimes works better than fancy play. Clear the zone, take...
  7. P

Devils Vs Blaze - 09 Feb 19 - League

Donning my flak jacket I think if you’re talking about avoidable pressure there are a few in the queue in front of Bowns imho. Watching Lake last night go straight for gaols is a lesson Devils could do with learning. So many times they stop on gaining the blue line, so many times they go for the...
  8. P

Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Jan - League

It’s funny how we all see games differently isn’t it? Yes, Garnett was good, he made some very good saves (but also saw every shot). Bowns also made some very good saves imho and at crucial times (some through traffic) e.g. when 3-4. Panthers score at that point and it’s game over. Yes there...
  9. P

Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

Absolutely not i have never driven away from any player being at fault however i am sick to death of people such as yourself blaming ONE person when there is clearly an issue with THE TEAM! I could sit here and pick faults with whoever you want as no body is perfect however it’s pointless when...
  10. P

Pretty sure you can delete it yourself.... :/ As for being ‘up bowns ass’ i think looking at the bigger picture/issue is what is going on here! So easy to blame one person but when in actual fact there is a team out there who are also to blame! You look at the issues, try and fix the issues...
  11. P

Well i say no more then honestly some people are unreal! Who’d have thought there is more than one person to a team! ‍♀️
  12. P

Wow, are you starting a ‘Bownsy out campaign’ with Rabbitoh? Unless you do, as your user name suggests, have inside knowledge, how can you possibly know what Lord says or does? Bowns is the only player on the team I’ve heard Lord single out in interviews so I doubt you’re correct in this...
  13. P

Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

Curiosity and time on my hands this morning, so just looked at Bowns v import nm stats so far (league games only). See stats below for breakdown. Cardiff have 3 forwards in top 30 point scorers and 4 D in top 30 for D men, the 2nd highest of which is Reddick. Goals against average is 2.16...
  14. P

Devils Vs Blaze - 3 Nov - League

No it wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular. Being closely involved with hockey over a number of years and speaking to players often I just don’t get the need to single players out. Devils were collectively bad last night and that’s why they lost the game. Coventry were the better team and had...
  15. P

Devils Vs Blaze - 3 Nov - League

Said it before and I’ll say it again, those singling out players need to remember it’s a team game. At times all players will have bad games or moments. Sad to note again that some on here only comment when the team loses. Bowns may want some back tonight, but by all accounts was instrumental in...
  16. P

Red Bull Salzburg Vs Devils -Thu 6th Sept 2018 / 7:30pm (CEST) - CHL

As with everything it’s all about opinions. O’Connor is a good d man but I’d take Richardson over him any day and for me, Swindlehurst, having watched GB, isn’t anywhere near Cardiff level yet. Also having watched the saves Bowns made in the last 2 games I wouldn’t say there is a blip, simply...
  17. P

Red Bull Salzburg Vs Devils -Thu 6th Sept 2018 / 7:30pm (CEST) - CHL

So, it seems the knives are well and truly out again and Bowns has taken over from Reddick as the scapegoat. To coin a phrase from above maybe I’ll get slated here, but for me lazy people who know nothing at all about the position jump on the goalie’s back. It’s always an easy blame and I’ve...
  18. P

Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

I would assume that's just fan speculation as always happens. Bowns certainly hasn't said anything about it and has always been very loyal to Devils in all the interviews I've heard. Netminders are often an easy target when a team loses, just don't expect it from your own coach
  19. P

Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

Have to say I'm a bit shocked by Lord's interview, I've been disappointed when Thommo has called out players on occasions when it's a team game after all and it's not usually Lord's style. Bowns said in his interview there were a couple of goals he would like back but to single him out when...