Search results

1. Leighton

Lease Hold Opportunity for Ice Arena Wales.

jeezuz.... thats worrying...
  2. Leighton

Lease Hold Opportunity for Ice Arena Wales.

I havent read anything about this outside of whats in this thread - so question.... is it possible an entity could lease the building, a tennis club for example, then pull out the ice and put a tennis court on pad 1? or does it have to remain an ice rink and available to the devils etc?
  3. Leighton

Food at the rink: your thoughts?

fair point. :) :)
  4. Leighton

Food at the rink: your thoughts?

Just paid 10 dollars for this at the Honda Center, roughly £7.58 for a non-refillable fountain drink... a beer is 19 bucks, 22 for a mini pizza.
  5. Leighton

Interesting article on junior development

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. We do really miss Cardiff and wish we could get back more. Being able to watch the CHL on TV was great and I still come here regularly to read all the arguments
  6. Leighton

Dont want to make a long boring post but.... We made a decision to move to Canada and got on a plane in December 2019. Didnt have any understanding of the Canadian system at the time (its VERY different to the UK) and didnt have much of an expectation with no-where to play and moving so late...
  7. Leighton

The very small list of welsh players in North America https://www.eliteprospects.com/nation/wales/abroad-players-in-na
  8. Leighton

you’re correct. It’s a pathway to L2 which is what every club needs and the eiha don’t give them out unfortunately. Although, with all the changes there of late maybe there’ll be a move to common sense. Mcdavid could come to Britain and he couldn’t coach.
  9. Leighton

The EIHA system, with the best of intentions, prevents good people from getting (and staying) involved. I've lost count of the number of meetings i sat in where the senior devils wanted to get involved with the juniors but couldnt because they'd need at least level 1 coaching to be anything more...
  10. Leighton

Connor McDavid .....

he's on another level, and will be #1 for years. There's no-one in hockey that even comes close. i've watched him a few times at the Saddledome and every time he touches the puck you expect him to do something phenomenal, and mostly he does. Check out Connor Bedard, he is lighting up the OHL...
  11. Leighton

CHL 2021/22

tough to say really, all we've known is Covid which puts a serious dampener on it to say the least!
  12. Leighton

CHL 2021/22

The UK is doing an amazing job, Canada is seriously lagging behind. Alberta averaging 31,000 first doses a day, 6,300 second doses. On those numbers it'll be August before every adult has been offered a first dose. Back in lockdown here, pretty much everything closed except shops at 10%...
  13. Leighton

The future of the Elite League and its teams

....or more expensive tickets
  14. Leighton

Intimidating/Loyal and sometimes annoying rinks/supporters!!!

Guessing it's the Cornell marching band. Support for Collegiate sports in the US is nuts.
  15. Leighton

Jersey Identification Assistance

Ask Corky, he'll know where its come from and if its real/fake.
  16. Leighton

celebrity/famous Devils fans

is this real? if so why?
  17. Leighton

This years shirts

you mean the non-sponsor jerseys? very much same as last year. short arms, small head-hole (whatever its called) other than that true to size.
  18. Leighton

Government Announces Rescue Package

none of it makes sense. minor hockey here has been suspended for 2 weeks and most likely that'll be extended (same 17 kids on ice, all cohorted, all doing daily health checks, not been a single case of a minor hockey player infected and spreading) but public skating (or leisure skates as its...
  19. Leighton

Last 3 Game Worn Jerseys

You've got an elite league medal in there - is that for sale?
  20. Leighton

What the hell!

its almost the done thing here in north america to rip off a pro team. pretty much every minor/junior team i see has taken "inspiration" from an NHL team. squint your eyes and my 14 year old could be dressed for Vegas. they played a team on the weekend who had blatantly ripped off Dallas.