Search results

1. D

New signing Confirmed

Looking at highlights posted on YouTube by the eihl highlights page he has a rocket off a shot from the left point...much like Brodie Reid but I'm sure he has a lot more to his game as I think Reid is the antithesis of a Pete Russell player. Could be very useful on the PP as long as that's not...
  2. D

Devils Vs Gothics - Pre-Season - 2nd Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 3rd Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

I'm glad someone else has noticed Busch. He's far from flashy and is likely to not get the plaudits of some of his team mates this season...but he is providing on the PP something we really missed last season and that's a big screen in front of the goalie. Same with Barrow who I've been...
  3. D

Agree with EDS best for this to happen now rather than mid season. PK needs work. To be fair to amiens they've done a great job of boxing out which is frustrating us. Good practice for us to find a solution to this tactic
  4. D

Enjoyed that match and we looked better and more cohesive as the game went on. Have to say every new signing looks an improvement on their replacement....Ully and Arniel in particular very impressive. Have to love Brandt, he's so old school it's untrue! Bowns very solid and Harewood looked busy...
  5. D

Mike MacWilliam - A gent and pure class

I don't think cotton Orr has ever played in EIHl however I had to check as I think I know who you are thinking about. Played for Clan and was an ex mapleleafs tough guy but his name has totally escaped me. If I remember rightly he was a liability.
  6. D

Giants Vs Devils - Pre-season - 25th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

Sounds like a positive start. For someone who didn't watch who stood out? How did the newbies look? Great to see Bailey get a goal really think he could be a top British player!
  7. D

3rd August

I see what the club have tried to do with the logo, it's more a modern style which you see a lot of older clubs moving to. Do I love the logo? I'd probably say no, do I hate it, no? Why? Because its a logo...just that. It doesn't change the history of the club, nor does it change the future. If...
  8. D

3rd August

I might be mis remembering and don't take this the wrong way...but whilst Faryna was a good hockey player I don't remember him being this behemoth deterent ala Mike Mcwilliam who would knock 7 bells into someone who looked at any of his teammates the wrong way. Faryna was a good team first...
  9. D

Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Belfast are building a sound roster but I don't think we should be in awe or fear them. Even last season I dont think our rosters conparitively were too lopsided ability wise. We took a decent share of points against them with I think we can all argue on paper a weak roster by recent devils...
  10. D

Saying that I hope he performs at least on par with his first season and proves me wrong.
  11. D

Not impressed with this at all. I can only hope he has been told similar performances this season and he's canned by Christmas.
  12. D

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

I'm not sure why we all seem to be convinced Crandall is back. Nothing posted on the usually reliable twitter account and if I'm honest nothing in his play last year to justify a new contract. Would be very disappointed if he's back as I thought his attitude and body language last year was...
  13. D

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Be interesting to see what line we play Waller on this year. I personally think he's wasted on a 3rd grinding line and needs to be given a run as a top 6 forward and we should build that line around his skills...do that and I think we have a point a game player there. Could be argued he was...
  14. D

I think my lasting memory of Blake Thompson will be him falling over like bambi on ice several times trying to join a mele at the end of the game vs Guildford flames. Have to admit I think we certainly had to upgrade on Thompson, too many giveaways and not enough upside to compensate...and if...
  15. D

I like the look of Rymsha from that highlight clip, very smooth skater with a big shot from the point. Get him on the powerplay and recruit a big body to get infront of net and we could fix one massive problem from last year.
  16. D

Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

With that CV I doubt we could tempt him to the EIHL....but if on the off chance he was an option we'd be foolish to let lack of British experience get in the way. If he brought both his sons with him would be nice haha!
  17. D

This team

I wouldn't necessarily say lack of size has been the issue, but our recruitment in roleplayer roles this off season has been poor. We've recruited a big body in Britain (if he was signed as a physical body I'd be seriously questioning his scouting reports) who isn't the slightest physical, and...
  18. D

Devils sign Fournier - not that one…

Just watched all Fouriners goals from the 20-21 season on youtube. Most are very unglamorous and dirty goals from picking up rebounds by parking himself in front of the net around the crease. Don't think we will see many highlight reel goals from the big fella....but this is exactly what this...
  19. D

steelers Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 7th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO

If we replace any I'd eat my hat. Maybe if we have 5 injuries an addition may be considered. Where we are at I'd genuinely consider sending a D man or two to the pitbulls and giving our two-ways a go. Worst case we realise they aren't worth investing in, best case they replace old lead legs next...