Search results

1. V

DOPs

For those interested. I spoke to The Biscuit podcast yesterday regarding this incident and the EIHL more generally. When you explain the governance of the EIHL to someone not familiar with the league, the issues of ownership and of DOPS become more laughable...
  2. V

Ice Guardians. Now on download.

@Russky It will be out on BluRay and DVD later in the summer.
  3. V

Ice Guardians. Now on download.

Hello. For those that missed the screening last year, Ice Guardians is now available on demand download in the UK. Available to rent or buy. AmazonUK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ice-Guardians-Dave-Schultz/dp/B06XG3PTVZ/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8 Vimeo...
  4. V

Ice Guardians - Cardiff Premiere Oct 27th

Hi, Still confirming location and dates for Coventry but I'll keep you posted.
  5. V

Ice Guardians - Cardiff Premiere Oct 27th

Been away from the forum for a while, but just to give you all an update on Ice Guardians. The showing on Thursday 27th Oct at Premiere Cinemas, Capitol Centre is sold out. Door open from 7pm, screening at 7:30pm and following by a Q&A hosted by Aled Lloyd and John Donovan (which will be...
  6. V

3-on-3 OT For Next Season

I know the majority of NHL players hate 3 on 3 - but I like to watch it. I think it brings an extra dimension to the game - the space allows for a different type of play and is much more likely to lead to a goal rather than the agony of watching penalties. And how amazing would it be to watch...
  7. V

Devils v Giants - Sat & Sun - League - Chat/Updates

Just a word of warning. There is a massive swimming gala on at the pool this weekend - all day Saturday and Sunday. You might want to allow yourselves extra time to find parking - because it's going to be hectic down there even without the opening of IAW and extra crowds for that.
  8. V

DOPS REVIEW

To know that you'd have to first know who is on DOPS, what the procedure is, how it works and who is responsible for communicating those decisions. ... of course we know none of those things :roll:
  9. V

Rotation of players

# I can't imagine Lord off the ice on Sunday. He's one of the players you can guarantee will get the team forechecking and passionate at any point in the game. I'd be disappointed if he didn't play. I also think Hendo should be in the line-up against Panthers every time, but don't want to see...
  10. V

V Steelers Feb 21st

Just to let people know, despite this game being almost 2 weeks away there seem to only be tickets left in Block 1 or Block 15. I got 3 this evening and they are selling out fast. Can't wait to watch the final game in the BBT - lot of great memories.
  11. V

Devils Vs Giants - SUN 7th FEB 2016 - 6:00PM - Chat

The Batch incident is precisely why the instigator rule doesn't do what it is meant to. According to the rule book, as James says - it is a clear instigator call, but is not originally the reason that the rule was created. Can't blame Darnell for calling it as he did, but it wasn't just. The...
  12. V

Devils @ Panthers - 19th December 2015 - Chat / Updates

First time posting on here in a long time, but as this is my area of expertise then I feel able to comment. August04 (or Gospel sorry I can't see up post to confirm) is right, concussions are serious. One bad check, or trip, or fight, or even a fall can not only end a career but can also be...
  13. V

Paul Bissonnette

Another excellent interview with Biz on Puck Daddy: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/paul-bissonnette-and-the-long-term-health-of-the-enforcer--puck-daddy-interview-002221506.html
  14. V

Check out this KO

It's going to be interesting to watch how this plays out, with it being the first major concussion of the NHL regular season. I have a feeling it'll be viewed differently after the events of the summer. It's interesting that Asham has already apologised for the "Thank you and Good-night"...
  15. V

Quick question, match programmes.

Have sent you a pm DevilDan with contact details for Richard Murray. He is really interested in recruiting more writers and would love to gear from anyone who is keen to contribute to the programme.
  16. V

Ice Hockey Journalists UK (IHJUK) announce annual awards

IHJUK have announced the results of their awards. These are voted on by all members of IHJUK. I'll post the full awards, but well done to the Devils who get a mention along with those who narrowly missed out. Craig Weller has been named Player of the Year. Weller, Pelle and Matzka make the...
  17. V

craig weller

This article? ;) from Pro Hockey News. http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/publish/hockeyuk/Pick_a_veteran.shtml
  18. V

New D man signs....Name announced on Monday

Article on Pro Hockey News about the AHL veteran rules and Craig Weller signing, including an interview with Neil Francis: http://www.prohockeynews.com/hockey/publish/hockeyuk/Pick_a_veteran_printer.shtml
  19. V

Chequebook hockey? a sustainable EIHL

The calibre of the Giants and Panthers latest high profile signings frames a discussion on the sustainability of the EIHL in light of the huge disparity between the top and bottom teams of the EIHL. See Pro Hockey News...
  20. V

Dave Ianazzo Game Worn for sale

Oops Sorry James. He is looking for £100 or offers. Thanks