Search results

1. Johnnybravo1927

Alex Graham

Sheffield Steelers have just revealed the devastating news that young Brit Alex Graham has sadly passed away on the weekend. Horrible news for his family and I am sure all at sheffield steelers are equally as upset. Only a young kid as well and a great prospect.
  2. Johnnybravo1927

celebrity/famous Devils fans

Seen a few over the years, which celebrities have you seen watching the devils? Bruce Dickinson- not really a fan but he did sponsor a game Andrew Howard - extremely down to earth, only seen him there once Ruth Wignall - used to see her a fair bit Carwyn Jones - See him a few times, always...
  3. Johnnybravo1927

Lorma fitzgerald

I remember she was frequently at Devils games ( away mostly I think), how did she come about being a fan? Not from the area and eastenders wasnt filmed around here. Always wondered how she ended up as a Devils fan. Does she still go?
  4. Johnnybravo1927

Cardiff Junior Devils game saturday

If anybody is after a Saturday afternoon hockey fix, the Cardiff Junior Devils 11A (coached by Jason Stone) are playing in the Viola Arena this Saturday, 13.15 face off. The game is against local and arch rivals Swindon and is the first encounter between them so far this season. Both teams go...
  5. Johnnybravo1927

Scott Matzka has sadly passed

Unfortunately Scott has passed away. Hugely talented player and a brave fight https://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/shl/forre-orebrospelaren-dod-blev-bara-40-ar/?utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=social_sharing&utm_source=twitter&social=twtr
  6. Johnnybravo1927

How many players have played under the current ownership

How many players have played at least 1 game under the current owners? I would imagine its less than most other teams over the last 4 years as most of our squad tend to return. Netminders - 4. Bowns, Will, Murdy and Lawday. I think somebody else did get a call up once for a game as well but...
  7. Johnnybravo1927

Belfast giants webcast

Anyone ever tried to use the webcast on a smart TV or firestick?
  8. Johnnybravo1927

Bigger rink (in theory)

forget all comments about seating in gantries etc, if we were given a plot of land to build a new rink, where would you want it built? I personally like the current location. Also how many seats would we need? our current rink nearly sells out or does sell out every week but I am not convinced...
  9. Johnnybravo1927

Lorna Fitzgerald

Lorna Fitzgerald the actress who plays Abi (i think) in eastenders used to be a regular devils fan and was seen at a few away games, iirc even gave the Man of the match trophy up in scotland. Does she still follow the devils? Where is the link as I dont think she is a local girl or lives in the...
  10. Johnnybravo1927

Nationalities of players

Obviously there have been loads of canadians, lots of americans, few finns, a czech and an israeli playing for us. Aby other foreign players ? (Not to include players who change nationality due to playing a few years in that country)
  11. Johnnybravo1927

Best Brit player ever

Whilst we are rolling with good threads and nobody is squabbling....... Best british players to play for Cardiff and they must be british trained so that rules out canadians etc that became brits on residency after playing over here for years
  12. Johnnybravo1927

Worst devils player ever

There must be some contenders for worst ever devils player. Not someone you didnt like or didnt live up to the hype but were genuinely awful at hockey. Having been a fan for only 4 years I cant really think of anyone who makes the list
  13. Johnnybravo1927

Steelers release Brady Ramsey

As above. Not surprised really as they used him as a healthy scratch a lot of the time and he looked a desperate signing at the time. Type of player who would have done well in the elite league 3 years ago. Hope he picks up a slot somewhere else quickly.
  14. Johnnybravo1927

What is the problem?

I dont honestly know. We have beat Davos and Vaxjo Lakers, we have comfortably beaten Sheffield, Nottingham anf Belfast. We have also lost far too many games and had some awful performances. Player wise we have Pope who is a great addition, Faryna who is as good as Culligan, moore who is a step...
  15. Johnnybravo1927

Wacey Rabbit

Looks like Wacey Rabbit has been released from his contract at Jacksonville icemen. I reckon he is a dead cert to land at Braehead. Always thought he would do a good job for any team in the elite league. Obvious links with him and Faryna but he wont come here unless we get any season long injuries.
  16. Johnnybravo1927

Brendan Connelly

Brendan Connelly of Belfast Giants reminded me very much of Brad Marchand. The style of antagonising play, cheap hits, the small stature, large nose and he even wears the same shirt number (as my son informed me). Whilst an absolute terror to play against and will never be popular outside of...
  17. Johnnybravo1927

Bryce Reddick Twitter

For some reason it looks like he has disabled his twitter account. A strange move as usually the devils players are oretty good with responding on their twitter accounts. I hope nobody has given him abuse on twitter, its his personal account and despite not playing well he hasnt actually done...
  18. Johnnybravo1927

Upgrading tickets

I cant make sundays game as my son is playing for the juniors away to Solent. I have 4 season tickets (2 adults and 2 children) and my friends are going instead but they are 3 adults and 1 child. Happy to pay but how do you go about having the child ticket upgraded to an adult? Cheers in advance
  19. Johnnybravo1927

Last years players no longer at Cardiff

So last years non returnees are, Chris Culligan - retired Chris Jones - swindon David Brine - Bears Doucet - MK Kearney - MK Scott Hotham - unknown but I think he will retire Bordeleau - unknown Am I forgetting anyone?
  20. Johnnybravo1927

Brlfast giants and jagr

Is there any likelyhood of this? Keefe is certainly trying hard but woukd Jagr really come here? I have my doubts but if so what a coup