Search results

1. S

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Does look a bit of an unknown quantity, but his stats are decent and - more importantly, I feel - he's under 30. I think we are seeing Ulmer's successor, but I'm excited to see what McNamee can do in his own right. Hope he goes well.
  2. S

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

This is quite an important point, about how effective at detecting concussion head injury assessments are. Something I was looking into earlier this year was the efficiency of HIAs in rugby considering all the sensitivity (and rightly so) on players getting concussions. From what I saw - and...
  3. S

Behind the bench podcast

Been listening to the Tough Guys episodes today and as a relatively new Devils fan compared to others on here, it's fascinating learning the history of so many names that I've heard before but never had the opportunity to see in a Devils shirt. On a personal note, it's really nice to be able to...
  4. S

Belfast Angry Fan base

Spot on, the MK fans were awesome this season. At our last game against them, all our fans in the bar were cheering for them as they left - obviously in a conga line. Great value, shame that they won't be with us next season.
  5. S

Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Apr 19 - Play Off Semi Final Spectacular

Hell of a finish from Linglet for that third goal!
  6. S

Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

That was a proper match against the Steelers, much like the Steelers of a few seasons ago. It was probably the most tense I've been watching a game this season after we seemed to fold at the start of the 3rd, but when we looked a bit rudderless we pulled something out against the run of play...
  7. S

Behind the bench podcast

Nice one for flagging this up, been dying for an ice hockey podcast to listen to. Nice to have some of the old Ice Time gang back together for it too.
  8. S

Player opinions ....

Something else about Bowns that maybe hasn't been mentioned is what he means to the team as a squad member. Sounds slightly underwhelming, I know, but think about the passion that he has for playing for this side and what it quite clearly means to him to be a part of this club. For my mind...
  9. S

Devils Vs Clan - Sun 30 Sep - League

What a finish from Myers for his goal, that was world class - the angle was virtually impossible, and to get it in over the keeper's shoulder, and hit the bottle... Take a bow, son. Great to see Rutkis go so well too, someone else mentioned he's a real prospect and last night was a massive step...
  10. S

Chris Culligan

Does anyone know how Culli's been getting on with his coaching back in Canada?
  11. S

Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - 10/01 @ 19:30 - CC QF - Chat/Updates

Thought Ackered and Yadlowski were impressive for the Flames, and to their credit I think they (the Flames) have been a huge plus for the league this season. As others have already mentioned though, that first period was great from us - Myers' effort on the PK was unbelievable, it was nice to...
  12. S

Devils v MK Lightning - Sat 9 Sep 2017 - Challenge cup - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Pretty disappointed to be missing this one. From a novelty perspective, I was quite looking forward to seeing one of the new teams, but I'm more disappointed to be away for this given that the banners are going to be going up & some former players will be back in town (Douc, Kearney & Hudson (I...
  13. S

Devils v Bili Tygri Liberec - Thurs 31 Aug 2017 / 7:00pm

I actually quite enjoyed last night, and have enjoyed our run in the CHL on the whole as well. We were never going to win this competition, and if we don't win one game then that's OK, I think it's safe to say that everybody knew we were going up against teams of a much higher level than...
  14. S

Bili Tygri Liberec v Devils - Sat 26th Aug 2017 / 3.30pm

Opera has a free & unlimited VPN built into it, it works a treat for the CHL games. Only downside is there's no commentary on their YouTube broadcasts. There is a streaming site called cricfree which you can use to access Premier Sports, but the player is unreliable and you can expect a lot of...
  15. S

HC Davos v Devils - Thurs 24th Aug 2017 / 7.45

Aye, we look alright at 5v5, just need to keep out of the box. Enjoyed our physicality in the first period - let's hope that keeps up.
  16. S

HC Davos v Devils - Thurs 24th Aug 2017 / 7.45

Great to see Piggsy getting involved in the coaching, love that.
  17. S

Devils v Bili Tygri Liberec - Thurs 31 Aug 2017 / 7:00pm

Anyone know how ticket sales are going for this one? I know it's early for crowd numbers to start picking up, but I reckon this game will be great value.
  18. S

Devils CHL Preview

Do you know what name it's going to be given on the iTunes store? I've been very keen for you Ice Time guys to get a podcast on the go, so will definitely be subscribing.