Search results

1. K

Are we venturing into dangerous territory ?

Remember the ISL anyone? - A fantastic period for hockey in the UK - teams loaded from top to bottom with real quality, the game played at real pace and intensity like we'd never seen before. Big players, big reputations and big bucks. Wow - it was good. Great entertainment for the paying fans...
  2. K

Devils v Devils v Devils.

Was wondering the other day how the present day Devils team would have fared against the 89/90 team and the 95/96 line-up. After careful consideration (!!!), I think I'd be going for the following :- 89/90 Devils ..... 2 v 15/16 Devils ..... 12 89/90 Devils ..... 0 v 95/96 Devils ...
  3. K

Other EIHL rinks - best and worst atmosphere.

Was reading the Cage forum today where Panthers fans are having a good old moan about how rubbish the atmosphere is at the National Ice Arena. Was interested to hear where everyone thinks the best and worst away atmosphere and game experience is. What do you think ?
  4. K

Bownsey.

For the 2 blokes near me during the Braedhead game giving Bownsey a hard time, especially the one "not understanding what all the fuss is about" :- GA Sav% 1 Chris Holt BRA 2.54 0.917 2 Miika Wiikman NOT 2.59 0.910 3...
  5. K

Feel slightly sorry for the Steelers .....

... well not really :lol: , but playing against Storm on New Years Day at 3pm! That's pretty poor scheduling! But double pay no doubt ! ;)
  6. K

8 + 2 for me so far this season !!!!!

Can you beat that ?????? Have now missed 8 Devils goals at the BBT due to poor decision making as to when to go to the loo and for the same reason have also missed 2 fights ! It's becoming a bit of a stigma and against Braehead my mate suggested I go to the loo as we needed to get back into...
  7. K

Sun Oct 28th, 2012 @ 11.27pm.

Anyone know what happened on that date? I'm curious to understand as the forum had 226 users online.
  8. K

Medicals.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether UK Ice Hockey Clubs insist on a medical before signing a player (like in football) ?
  9. K

Kurka - worth paying the entry fee just to watch this guy.

Looked unstoppable tonight. Superbly strong skater, great hands and as strong as an ox. I'd hate to be a 'D' man with him hammering towards you at full tilt.
  10. K

The home bench ...

I know it's childish, but the positioning of the WESSEXGARAGES sign always makes me chuckle when somebody leaves the bench door open!
  11. K

Pre-game Warmup - Playlist.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the full playlist is? I can pick a few songs out but I'm missing quite a lot.
  12. K

Who has impressed you the most so far this season ?

My top 3 :- 1. Doucet. Standout player for me so far this season - what a sniper, skilled and never stops grafting. 2. Haddad. Bit surprised he's started so strongly after coming in late, but has looked awesome so far. 3. Kurka. Looks a real class player, didn't realize how strong he was...
  13. K

EIHL Team Budget/Salary Cap.

I know there used to be an EIHL Salary Cap a while back, but was wondering whether this is still in existence and if so what it might be. Does anyone know ?
  14. K

2015 Challenge Cup Banner.

Was just wondering if this ever went up in the BBT ? Can't recall seeing it last week.
  15. K

Hendo is back !

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/henri ... ther-year/ Think we needed his general toughness considering what the opposition are loading up with !
  16. K

Pad size, BBT v Olympic.

Folks, I was wondering what the actual dimensions were of our BBT pad v Olympic ? Can anyone enlighten me ? Thanks.