Search results

1. Tony

New rink

Imo the LAST thing you need is a huge arena. 3,000 seats is about right, bonus if you can actually see the ice from all of them. Anything more than that will end up being half empty and would have an atmosphere to rival the sponsordome.
  2. Tony

Voth in Touble?

Dear God! I've just seen the clip, and can't believe he got more than 2mins for that, call me an old fart if you want, but I've seen worse checks not even called by refs back in the day of the HPL and ISL. Has the phrase "Keep your head up" been erased from the hockey vocabularly??????
  3. Tony

Something to do with tickets to watch the vipers

I've been asked to post the following link - hope this is ok mods http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/latest-headlines/the-st-valentines-day-massacre-is-coming
  4. Tony

Congratulations Brad Voth

I think the fine was for the coach Brian Kanewischer to the tune of £2,000 which was promptly sorted out via a bucket collection among the fans.
  5. Tony

Congratulations Brad Voth

Anyone remember the cusions that were presented to Shiney and coops for use in the penalty box? I guess someone better make one for the Vother!
  6. Tony

have you read this from the squeelers fans?

As I missed thegame,is there a link to the pre-game video that so upset the ickle steelers? I could do with a laugh
  7. Tony

BBC Wales lunchtime news today!

"Whoaaaa! He's whacked his hat off!!!" :lol: :lol:
  8. Tony

All time most hated Steeler

Given that "that hit" took place about 8 feet away from me, I'm going to go with Peron. And that's some achievement to beat the likes of Kelland, Plommer et al
  9. Tony

Red Out The Rink Game

I didn't realise that lot were back in town, so red shirts is it? I might wander down for that one.
  10. Tony

There can be only one!

Nicest guy I ever got to talk to was definitely Burgy, the most entertaining guy to watch for me was Tim Steadman, but I guess for all round superbness as a player then it has to be MC.
  11. Tony

Teplitsky to Chavs?

Maybe, it's most probably me not being as knowledgeable as everyone else. Nice to be able to talk hockey opinions instead of controversial stuff though isn't it?
  12. Tony

Voth is Dominating It!

Fair point, but they are further down the list. Surely Shirley Bassey is more well known than Charlotte? Tanni Gray Thompson more deserving than Geratin Thomas?
  13. Tony

Teplitsky to Chavs?

Speaking as someone brought up on a diet of Lindman, Hope, Cooper and Noble, I thought he was ok, but no superstar. He left us to pursue his career at a higher standard, and that's fine, but you shouldn't go crawling back when it all goes tits up imho. Besides, from what I've seen so far this...
  14. Tony

Teplitsky to Chavs?

Blimey! And I thought you were being all positive lately! Tyson decided to leave Cardiff did he not? He wasn't that good anyway (imho) so why should G go after him now? As I understand it, Tyson said he wanted to play at a "higher level", if he thinks the Blaze is a "higher level" then good...
  15. Tony

Voth is Dominating It!

Which reminds me, I'd bought tickets and places on the bus for a trip to watch Panthers v Devils in 1991 which I ended up cancelling because the wife was heavily pregnant and we didn't want to risk Alex being born English! :lol:
  16. Tony

Voth is Dominating It!

Sod that! I'm a Newport boy born and bred! Not my fault my parents dragged me kicking and screaming to Cardiff when I was six! :D
  17. Tony

A Forum for everyone

Nice to see a few fellow THFers here too!
  18. Tony

Voth is Dominating It!

Call me mad, but shouldn't the "face of Cardiff" actually be someone from Cardiff?. Sorry to be a killjoy, but in ten years time people, including Devils fans, will be asking "Brad Who?". It would make more sense if it were Shannon! The only one on that list from Cardiff is Joe Ledley.
  19. Tony

Sky now

I hope that's the case UB.
  20. Tony

Sky now

Dave Simms announced who is guest is next week. Three guesses.....