Search results

1. kettdevil1

Playoff Weekend Tickets and Block Allocations

Prices frozen for this year and on sale from Monday: Playoff Finals Weekend Tickets on sale from Monday | EIHL (eliteleague.co.uk) We get blocks 13 and 14
  2. kettdevil1

EIHL Roster Updates

I haven't seen this before: https://www.eliteleague.co.uk/article/3302-2023-24-roster-updates Looks a useful addition
  3. kettdevil1

Predictions

OK, cards on the table.... 1) Who will be the Top 3 in the EIHL this year? 2) Who will be the playoff winners? 3) Who will win the Challenge Cup? 4) Who or what will be the surprise of the season? 5) Who or what will be the flop of the season?
  4. kettdevil1

League Awards

The awards are still going on but so far the Devils have picked up a couple of wins. Marcus Crawford - Defenceman of the year Josh Waller - Young British player of the year Excellent news. Scott Conway is unsurprisingly the big winner, Matt Greenfield netminder of the year
  5. kettdevil1

Final Four

So it's all sorted for the quarters and we have: Giants v Clan Flames v Panthers Steelers v Storm Devils v Blaze Some interesting match ups. I can't see Giants losing but there are arguments for each of the other six teams. Who is your money on?
  6. kettdevil1

Bristol Pitbulls

I know quite a few people went over to watch but for those who didn't. A cracking match saw a goal from Bayley Harewood, the game go into OT and then an overtime winner from...... Maxi Birbraer on his Brissell debut in his first game since before the COVID break. Cracking stuff and keeps them...
  7. kettdevil1

A Few Stats

Just skimming through a few stats given it was Ritchie's 1000th game tonight and there are a few other stats which are pretty impressive.... Cole Sanford has just hit 30 goals in the league season with 18 games to go. To put this in context, only one Devil in the EIHL era has ever hit 40 goals...
  8. kettdevil1

Devils Quiz

OK, I am avoiding doing some work so have decided to post another Devils related quiz. Same rules as before - no Googling, no making fun of anyone getting answers wrong and answers exclude the Continental Cup and pre-season friendlies. Right here goes.... 1) What is the common factor that...
  9. kettdevil1

Cam Brown

...... has left Angers for destination unknown...... We have been linked to him before
  10. kettdevil1

CC Next Round Question

I see the Challenge Cup group finally comes to a close this evening and I can't find the answer to who we will play in the next round. At the moment we are 6th ranked so will play Coventry but.... can we play a team that we were in a group with? If we slip to 7th (possible if Guildford win...
  11. kettdevil1

A Few Quiz Questions

OK, to lighten some of the doom and gloom, I have been playing around with a few stats this morning and come up with a few quiz questions. I wouldn't read anything much into the answers but some of the answers are surprising. No peaking and first person to get 5 out of 5 wins today's star...
  12. kettdevil1

Help with dates needed.....

Morning everyone, I am after a bit of help to check on dates for an article - I am fairly sure about 2 of the 3 and have no clue about the third. All help gratefully received :) 1) Steve Thornton scores a hattrick on Boxing Day to beat the Steelers at their place.... I am 99.9% certain it was...
  13. kettdevil1

Nottingham Saturday, tickets

Just as a ‘heads up’, it looks at though the NIC will be sold out on Saturday so probably best to book now....
  14. kettdevil1

Playoff Details Announced

https://eliteleague.co.uk/2019/01/17/2018-19-playoff-finals-weekend-ticket-details-released/
  15. kettdevil1

+/- Stats

This has come up on THF but for those who have not seen it, the +/- stats for this year make very interesting reading. Now I know that they can be criticised as being an inexact tool but they came up as MK have released Clay Anderson who was at -28 on a pretty brutal team. Looking at the Devils...
  16. kettdevil1

Fan(s) of the Match

i don’t normally do this but just wanted to say a couple of things about the support this weekend. Firstly, the sheer volume of people here has been incredible, the flight from Birmingham was packed with fans so goodness knows what Cardiff and Bristol flights were like! Just wandering around the...
  17. kettdevil1

A bit of light relief....

The wheel of blame has had a big spin tonight.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05h463r
  18. kettdevil1

Andrew Lord is making the news....

Well to some extent..... http://bc.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1048334&binId=1.1184805&playlistPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=2FZIAdl A couple of obvious inaccuracies, and one hysterical explanation of language in Britain but it is all good publicity....
  19. kettdevil1

Playoff Final Information

Tickets on sale from 1st February. https://eliteleague.co.uk/pofw17-tickets-go-on-sale-from-february-1st/?platform=hootsuite We get Blocks 7 and 8, not as good as last year when we were centre ice but not bad. Sadly the third place playoff game stays but overall, always a good weekend.
  20. kettdevil1

27th December - tickets

The game on the 27th is almost completely sold out, I could only spot a few single tickets floating around..... so maybe book now if you haven't already.... Having failed to take my own advice, if anyone has two spare, drop me a line!