Search results

1. A

Devils Vs Panthers - League - 2nd Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Poor overall performance. Lacking the vision to see that when you have a hot opposition goalie (that also fills more of the net than most), you simply have to move the goalie and create back door chances at a half empty net. Devils shots were straight in the goalie’s midriff, and there was...
  2. A

Giants Vs Devils - League - 11 Nov 23 - FO 19:00

Another gritty never say die performance, that some Northern Ireland fans referred to a Playing Shit hockey. Can’t argue with facts, the score line is what get remembered. Very noticeable again that Belfast tryiedto negate the Devils Go Forward speed by chipping the puck in behind our defence...
  3. A

Devils Vs Storm - League - 10th Nov 23 - FO 19:30

A dogged win that took a fair team spirit and a belief in the process/system attitude to accomplish. Still rather baffled by some of calls - there was certainly an inconsistency between Messrs Rose and Jarvie as to how long each go would be allowed to carry on playing the puck (which caused no...
  4. A

Do you like the new logo poll

Struggling to find where in my post that logos are a pointless waste of time and money. I have plenty of business experience to know the importance of brand and marketing thank you - ok I get it you don’t like the new logo - That’s fair, you are perfectly entitles to express your opinion, but...
  5. A

Do you watch the Devils for the Ice Hockey or the logo?. I agree the logo isn’t how I would have rebranded it, but I don’t see any of the Devils owners or management losing any sleep over whether I like the new logo. It could be worse - Steelers play in Orange. I don’t like the price of the...
  6. A

Disappointing to learn that so many ST fans left without a promised puck. Very Poor planning. The office know how many STs have been sold and should have had enough pucks to ensure promises made are promises kept. Lots of keyboard warriors about yesterday evening about the new logo - it’s not...
  7. A

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Personally can’t say I’m disappointed that Jardine won’t be back - as you say, he didn’t have his best season last season, and IMHO I firmly believe that Crawford is a better returnee. In Pietroniro, Mosey and Batch, Cardiff have three versatility players (each capable in both defence and as...
  8. A

Summit Sunday 2023 - Dedicated thread

It wouldn’t surprise me if the days of a Number 1 goalie and a back up goalie in teams in the UK Elite league are coming to an end, if they haven’t already arrived. Competition for the starting slot will keep both goalies on their toes. From what I know of Pete Russell, he will will have...
  9. A

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Can’t disagree his first season was impressive, but he tried to operate the second season in exactly the same manner with no improvement or enhancement on what he had to give/deliver. He became as easy to read as Janet and John. A highly paid player whose contribution last season fell some way...
  10. A

What are you looking for in our Devils 23/24

1/. A team stacked to the gills with speed - it’s what scares the living daylights out of opposition defences. 2/. A team capable of knowing when Plan A isn’t working and to have a plan B or Plan C to switch to - Zero evidence of that last season. 3/. A team that steps up for team mates when...
  11. A

This team

Imho, the apparent unwillingness to attempt to change the Defensive pairings even if it’s only for a couple of shifts within a period, is an identifiable issue that Messrs DuPont and Horn would be well advised to consider in their future coaching careers. When I first started coaching, a good...
  12. A

Coaching staff Depart

Mr Kelman is too shrewd a business to not have DuPont and Horn’s replacement already lined up, contract signed sealed and about to be delivere. Running with a Players favourite as rookie coach is/was a brave yet unsuccessful decision/mistake. Mistakes are fine as long as one learns from the...
  13. A

This team

Possibly didn’t explain it sufficiently clearly - there was never any attempt during the season (at least not that I saw) of any attempt to change it up. The intransigence of sticking with the same defensive pairs game in game out, made opposing coaches jobs real easy to work out - because there...
  14. A

This team

The gap between Devils and Giants happened at both ends of the ice. The Devils PP stumbled after a reasonably effective start, and the resolution was in part to bring Horn in to help DuPont with the analysis. What worries me is that these two salaries were particularly ineffective in...
  15. A

Giants v Devils - Playoff Final! - Sunday 16th April @ 1700

If the goalie is allowed to see shots from the outside, the puck will appear like the size of a beach ball to any average goalie. I agree S Fournier was a great screen and was very difficult to shift. In previous seasons the Devils had Matthew Myers, who was phenomenal at screening opposing...
  16. A

The last season the Devils were “really” successful, they dressed four lines, they played four lines. Other teams didn’t have an answer for wave after wave of speedy skilful quick accurate passing combined with player movement drawing opposing defence away from where they wanted to defend -...
  17. A

Belfast are deserving winners of the Grand Slam this year - they have raised the bar significantly and if Devils want to be successful next season, they have to do what successful people (Belfast) do. Everyone will have their opinions as to where the fault(s) lie, and who knows they could be...
  18. A

Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

Batch imho deserved to be benched for the rest of the second period after his howler - help give him time to get his head back in the game, but Batch wasn’t the only player making mistakes, so benching Batch for the third was simply labouring an unnecessary point by BD.
  19. A

Devils Vs Blaze - PO 1/4 Final - 9th April 23 - 18:00 FO

Going into last night’s game, I wasn’t expecting that performance by the Devils or the result. With the bulk of the heavy lifting done by last night, I went to tonight’s game looking for more of the feisty hit anything that moves, hit and run hockey, but credit Blaze tonight they outplayed us...
  20. A

Devils Vs steelers - League - 2nd April - 18:00 FO

Will be interesting to see if DOPS see McNally‘s review as a Repeat Offender? Remembering that DOPS have previous form for claiming despite a subject being a regular offender for DOPS review, they managed to convince themselves that it was a different offence and therefore should be classed as a...