Search results

1. D

Anthony Deluca

Deluca has failed a drugs test and is suspended with immediate effect.
  2. D

CHL 2021/22

New information released today regarding the draw for the CHL. https://www.championshockeyleague.com/en/news/group-stage-draw-may-19-18-00-cet Draw takes place on May 19th. Planned first round is August 29th. The draw itself looks a bit complicated, but I think for us the only change is that...
  3. D

CHL

Now that the 17-18 season is over, we now look forward to next season. The CHL draw takes place in Copenhagen on May 16th, and the fixtures will be our before the end of May. 29 teams qualified so far, only 3 left to be confirmed. Austria (3 places) Vienna Capitals (Regular Season Winners)...
  4. D

Belfast v Sheffield double header

It's a Giants v Steelers double header weekend. Should be a great couple of games. I thought at first that the best outcome for us would be 2 points each, meaning they both lose points. But if Sheffield win both, we have the chance to open a substantial gap over the rest of the pack this...
  5. D

Brian McGrattan interview

Something to listen to on the way to work. An interesting interview with McGrattan about his experience over here. http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/the-big-show/
  6. D

CHL

So, very exciting, we have now qualified for the 2017-2018 Champions Hockey League. Here are the other teams that have qualified so far. Sweden; Vaxjo Lakers, HV71, Jonkoping, Frolunda Gothenburg. Finland; Tappara Tampere, TPS Turku Czech; Bili Tygri Liberec, Ocelari Trinec Switzerland; SC...
  7. D

Giants v Steelers

Will be the first game I can remember where I'll be following closely hoping for a Steelers win. That would really help us out. If they do win, we will only need one win this weekend to secure top spot. Giants are on top form right now, but I'm hoping that the incentive for Steelers to finish...
  8. D

This weekend - lineup

Interested to hear different opinions of lines for this weekend, and where does Bordeleau fit in. Obviously one import misses out, and I'm just going to assume it's Doucet as his injury sounded the most long term from Lord's interview last week. Just a guess though, I'd assume he'd play if he...
  9. D

Returnees

If you could only choose 3 more imports to return next season, who would they be? Mine would be Russell, Hervato and Haddad.
  10. D

Brent Walton

Thought this news deserves its own thread. The retirement of Brent Walton. Unfortunately this season was one too much for his knees, but last year we saw what a great player he was. A great team guy, a true devil. Thank you, and all the best for the future to you and your family.
  11. D

CHL

Only one spot for the EIHL in next years CHL. Annoying...
  12. D

This Coming Week

Often this season and the last, the phrase biggest game or weekend of the season has been used many times. But this week doesn't get much bigger. In 7 days time we could be comfortable at the top of the league and in the CC final, or dropped to 2nd and out of the cup. Would take a point...
  13. D

Twitter Account

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. There's definitely been a change in the official Devils Twitter account in the last could of months. Does anyone know who runs it now? It used to be TK and KA, certainly last year, but now with some of the stuff posted there and the amount of...
  14. D

Ryan Russell

Devils sign Ryan Russell until the end of the season....
  15. D

Salters joins Devils

Leigh Salters signs. Wow. http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/power ... ns-devils/
  16. D

Sheffield Next Saturday - No Webcast

Sheffield has decided that the biggest league game for many years will not be shown on webcast. Sums them up, bunch of useless t******