Search results

1. S

The cage

Hardly... I popped on here to see if there was any more information about Evan Mosey, and - lo and behold, there's a snowflake whingeing about being caught out as a troll on the Cage. So I just put the record straight. Simple as. Now you have both sides of the argument... now you can make up...
  2. S

The cage

And now the actual facts... A new poster on the Cage forum who named himself "panthersfan10" started trolling it up, and then made the following post:- "Funny thing is l, I’m a Devils fan and winding you lot up has been classssss!! Enjoy you 7th placed season lads " He then got banned as a...
  3. S

Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

Take a look at the hit by Ben Blood on Kevin Henderson @ 6:55 on those highlights. - illegal hit (Henderson didn't have the puck, hadn't had the puck at all during the play, so it can't even be said to be a late hit) - dangerous play (as Henderson didn't have the puck, he wouldn't be expecting...
  4. S

Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

Is anybody seriously saying that you should ditch Ben Bowns? SERIOUSLY?? Have a word with yourself... Bowns kept you in it yesterday. Yes, our second (the wrister from Biggs) may be considered a bit 'soft'... but on the other hand, it was extremely well-taken (I sit in Block 15, so had a...
  5. S

Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

Hard luck, Cardiff... by all accounts you guys put up a good fight, but it was not to be. Congratulations on flying the Union flag on behalf of us all this season...
  6. S

Panthers Vs Devils - Wed 26 Sept - League

It's interesting to see some of the perspectives here... both for and against your team and their performance last night. Personally, I think that the two results we've had so far between these two teams (the pre-season stuff being largely irrelevant) almost tell the story... two hard-fought...
  7. S

Devils Vs Red Bull Salzburg -Thu 30th Aug 2018 / 7:30pm - CHL

Good luck tonight, guys... you are the standard bearers for the UK this season!
  8. S

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

There are some (low in number but high in volume) who are moaning that we're not going to be anywhere near a contending team, they can't see any obvious goalscorers. Like stats from other leagues are a reliable indication of likely effectiveness in our league... <shakes head wearily> We DO...
  9. S

Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - Sun 19 Nov 2017 - League - FO 4pm - Chat/Updates

ROTFLMAO! If only you knew... :D (all of your other points are spot on, however...)
  10. S

Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - Sun 19 Nov 2017 - League - FO 4pm - Chat/Updates

That's a very nice thing to hear, especially from a fan of last season's impressive championship team... but I think you might be over-egging it a little... and certainly too early! (we're not even 1/3rd of the way through the season yet...). The difference between this season's Panthers team...
  11. S

Congratulations Nottingham Panthers

I think that Corey Neilson has summed it up perfectly... he's said that there's a difference between losing and failing. The Panthers lost... they did not fail. More than that, they massively over-achieved in even getting this far. And what a night... one hell of a game, one hell of an...
  12. S

Devils vs Vaxjo Lakers - Tue 3 Oct 2017 - CHL - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

From a very happy Panthers fan... congratulations also to the Cardiff Devils... very VERY well done! To not just beat a Swedish side like that, but to clobber them with a 4-goal winning margin... that's extremely impressive. Between what we've done and what you guys have done... British ice...
  13. S

Devils v HC Davos - Sun 3 Sept - CHL - FO 6pm

Oh, very VERY well done, Cardiff! To go from a 10-1 hammering (sorry, but that's what it was!) to a 4-3 OT win in just over a week against the same team in a vastly higher-level league... that is something special. That shows resilience, adaptability, determination and all sorts of other...
  14. S

Only if you let them. (OK, not "only" - they're skilled enough to have a damned good chance of overcoming anything the British teams do - but the point remains) One thing I've noticed about the differences in styles... the British teams tend to play a more 'loose' system, with players further...
  15. S

Congratulations Nottingham Panthers

As a Panthers fan, I'm both still gobsmacked and very very happy with how we've done so far in the CHL... ... but as some have said, that won't necessarily translate into domestic competition (although I hope it will!) - it's a different game. This season's team appears to be light-years ahead...
  16. S

Good luck tonight! (from a Panthers fan)
  17. S

Bili Tygri Liberec v Devils - Sat 26th Aug 2017 / 3.30pm

I wouldn't get too disheartened if I were you guys, especially at this very early stage. Remember the scores from the Panthers' first CHL campaign? Lost 2-4, lost 1-10 (that was painful to watch in the NIC), lost 6-2, lost 9-1, WON 3-1 (a brilliant night!), lost 6-0. This is the reality of...
  18. S

Nottingham Panthers Vs Cardiff Devils - Challenge Cup Final

Re: Nottingham Panthers Vs Cardiff Devils - Challenge Cup Fi Speaking as a Panthers fan... Wow. That was one of the best low-scoring games that I remember seeing, and you don't get that kind of thing by only having one good team out there. I can fully understand that you Devils fans are...
  19. S

Well it Happened - Matt Myers

Depends on how long after "after his wedding" is judged to be... the news went on the Panthers website at 2pm on Friday... which I believe was after the wedding (which was in the morning, I'm told).
  20. S

Well it Happened - Matt Myers

Ah well - we knew it was going to happen sooner or later... :( It's been great having Matt up in Nottingham... he's done well by us, and I'm glad this has happened after we got that long-elusive league title and not before. Sad to see him go, but it was inevitable really - just kept wanting to...