Search results

1. H

Carruth

I'd also consider his age. At 27 he's not the finished article (appreciate he's not a rookie either) so it's possible management and coaches are looking at how much better he can get. From memory, Fournier was a similar age when people were criticizing his turnovers and positional errors...
  2. H

Devils Vs Stars - League - 3rd April 24 - FO 19:30

Unfortunately, the level of officiating this season seems to stand out as being particularly poor. There's absolutely no reason to stop the Phelan and Batch tilt and everyone knows (including the officials) that if you are going to step in then it should never just be one lino . Also, if you...
  3. H

Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Just watched the highlights to make sure I hadn’t imagined it first time around but how on earth do those two goals get washed out ? Even the steelers commentator is stunned . The quality and importance of games like that is just undermined by extremely poor officiating
  4. H

Devils Vs Stars - League - 16th Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Agreed , though in many ways it’s actually worse than that. His stick starts on the ice so he actually takes it off the ice to make the cross check . The very definition of intentional and when aimed at the back of the head neck has a high probability of injury if not serious injury . I’ve no...
  5. H

Devils Vs Stars - League - 16th Dec 23 - FO 19:00

I’m not one for calling out the officials but that has to be one of the worst displays I’ve seen in a long time . They play a huge part in letting the game get out of hand . Franny predicted what would happen during the period break interview on the live stream , calling out the intent to...
  6. H

Devils Vs Giants - League - 8th Oct 23 - 18:00 FO

You're correct in as much that it's a matter of opinion whether players jump into fights, but really its only a matter of opinion for the fans. For the players and what happens in that team, there's no debate or opinion, only what's expected and demanded. I can guarantee you that every single...
  7. H

Devils Vs steelers - Pre-Season - 17th Sept 23 - FO 18:00

I'd also look at Crandall's 200ft game. Being a top 6 forward isn't just about putting points on the board but being defensively responsible enough to play against the other teams top 6. For me, he looks massively improved here, picking up guys and backchecking with a purpose when we've lost...
  8. H

23-24 pre-season interview with Steve King

I dont think you need to guess though, Steve clearly states that the reason is down to it being 5 years since the last time he was asked.
  9. H

23-24 pre-season interview with Steve King

By stating that "Hopefully this interview isn’t a reaction to the current situation" you're implying that reason for the lack of interview was down to Steve ...but I think you know that already.
  10. H

Rumour mill

I think that’s a pretty solid assessment. Both players have a lot going for them but Ben has the experience, speed and strength. Despite his size, Ben is an elite athlete and surprisingly strong. Very difficult to knock off the puck and rarely gets hit. His defensive game has improved over...
  11. H

Rumour mill

A few idiots not listening isn’t the same as lockdown being over. Perhaps you mean certain parts of lockdown being relaxed ? Either way, the number of people dying on a daily basis in the UK is still in the hundreds, so the threat is still here and very real. Ps yes, I live in Cardiff and most...
  12. H

Rumour mill

Except lockdown isn’t over ....
  13. H

Top 7 EIHL Defensemen ...

I think its best just to look at the EIHL Defenceman of the year award for the last 10 years. https://www.eliteprospects.com/awards/eihl?name=EIHL+Defenseman+Of+The+Year I think that tells its own story
  14. H

Steelers in the .....

you'll find a lot of people who like to give the impression they know everything do that. Any time someone challenges the points behind their (not so) hidden agenda, they like to resort to childish nonsense. I suspect there's also the emotional conflict of being continually smug at believing...
  15. H

Panthers vs Devils

Mentally
  16. H

Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

You are statistically more likely to win your home games in all major sports. There’s a reason people say it’s tough to beat a team at home as, for the most part, it’s true.
  17. H

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug 19 - CHL

In fairness, Boston Barts reference was to 1994 and the year Stevie played at the age of 14. By that time the team and overall league standard had progressed quite a bit and (happy to be corrected) I'm sure that was the year that Doug Smail played.
  18. H

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug 19 - CHL

I'm not sure beating Sokol Kiev counts as park football. Unless you're saying that all hockey 30 years ago was poor?
  19. H

Batch

Sadly, I suspect peter333 is still struggling to come to terms with Batchy dealing with Keefe. Listen, it happens to the best of players, young british player wipes floor with legit enforcer and silences home crowd etc . I moved on a long time ago (exactly 41 YouTube replays later).