Search results

1. M

Dico retires !

Wished we had one more season out of him, at least I got to buy him a pint or 3 in Halifax at the HFX Sports bar last year. Posted on the Eagles twitter feed Cape Breton Eagles @CBEHockey · 56m Former Eagle forward Stephen Dixon has announced his retirement. A WJC gold medalist for Team...
  2. M

Hardly a surprise

Clan sack coach, dicko interim coach
  3. M

Finners

Handing up his white board for the GM role at Storm https://www.manchesterstorm.com/ Can only mean good times ahead for he Storm, more time to be strategic and less pressure doubling up as coach. Will be interesting who pops in there ??
  4. M

Rainbows, Brownies and Guides

Well done to all involved in getting potential future fans to the game. They looked like they had a great time, especially when they saw their group's name on the screen during the warm-up.
  5. M

Although Steelers, worth posting

Ignoring the rivalry between us and the squealers, I believe this is worth supporting https://sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/steelers-supporting-martin-latal-with-special-soyb-raffle-please-help/
  6. M

Halbert

Up to his tricks again, shame it's not a 1 game ban that would have enabled him to face us on Sunday
  7. M

Kids Takeover

What a great initiative by the Devils to empower the kids with the responsibilities given. Sounded like they all had fun and enjoyed the "limelight", must have been a boost to anyone of them needing confidence for the future and gave them an in-site in what is involved behind the scenes. Well...
  8. M

Weekend without games

Just noticed Feb 8th and 9th there are no fixtures, are these earmarked for the Semi's of the CC v Panthers?
  9. M

Hockey Circles "First off the Bench" Podcast

Came across this, apologies if previously posted. Mike MacWilliam hosts it, recent one he speaks to Ivan, Kind of forgotten how Ivan made the move to NA, some great stories. Well worth a listen
  10. M

Lordo on Podcast

From about 14:30 in https://thecoachessite.com/2018/06/22/podcast-cardiff-devils-andrew-lord-europe-pro-hockey/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Podcast%20Andrew%20Lord&utm_term=Hockey%20Coach&utm_content=Podcast%20Andrew%20Lord
  11. M

Cup presentations

I have to say that the league have a lot to answer for for not having an official to present both the CC and the Elite league trophy tonight. To say it was embarrassing that Jake had to pick the CC up and then each player pick up their medal is an understatement. Tonight, although worthy...
  12. M

Home team Sunday ?

Are we the home team on Sunday ?
  13. M

Positives from last nigh

Squealers lost last night That was our bad game gotten out of the way Collectively we can never play as bad as that again this season Words will have been said post game Players will have owned up and will be mentally ready for tonight Our bouncbackability has proven before 4-5 loss to the...
  14. M

Selling tickets, is it right ?

With the owners backing our club is it right that we should undercut the club by selling unwanted tickets, especially if the game is not a sell out? It is unfortunate that fans cannot go and maybe there should be other social media that could be used, but I think the inferno is too close to the...
  15. M

Controversial but what do you think

I'll probably get flamed...here goes. Acknowledging all the hard work by individuals and SORAC alike in getting the new arena and we are all, I'm sure, cannot wait to get in and settled, but at what price is a near end of season transition, the league title ? Before I start, I hate the BBT...
  16. M

Deeds back !!

Signed for the Storm. :DWD
  17. M

Home advantage ?

Who has home advantage on Sunday ? Not so much for the dressing room but for the bench allocation.
  18. M

Beards ??

Can someone tell me why all of a sudden the play-off beard is worn by certain players all year round, Hewitt, Muir, Nickerson etc....
  19. M

Desperate to find someone

Amazepux :lol: Where are you matey, or are you at Muir's bedside combing his beard back into place :lol:
  20. M

Atmosphere over the weekend

Now the dust has settled and we look back at a great double and how well the team are playing and start to debate how to improve the team with Biz, I think it's time to reflect on the atmosphere over the 2 games. Whoever came up with the idea of the clappers must be applauded and I suspect that...