Search results

1. Lloyd

Merchandise and kit sale

Myself and a friend got down there for about 9:20 to get in line early and was surprised to see no cue and people walking out of the dressing rooms with kit in hand. It was fortunately fairly quiet inside when we got in and I managed to pick up a few sticks and pieces of kit I was after. But...
  2. Lloyd

Pride: Presumably I have missed....

It's great to be able to discuss it openly. There's no shame in lack of understanding, only when people choose to be ignorant is where it becomes offensive. Ultimately, I hope one day 'Pride' games aren't required anymore. Not because of lack of interest but because the hockey, and indeed...
  3. Lloyd

Pride: Presumably I have missed....

Right, I didn't plan on commenting on this subject. But having read some of these quite frankly offensive comments, I feel I must give my 2 pence worth. Pride Nights or similar are a good thing in my opinion. Its worth remembering that while events like this certainly add good PR for the club...
  4. Lloyd

Devils Vs Giants - League - 22nd Jan 22

At this rate of scoring, his phone certainly won't be quiet in the summer. I quietly fear a Ben Blood scenario where we've uncovered a gem and he gets thrown a big offer from somewhere in Europe!
  5. Lloyd

Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

Seems promising the club have been asked to play a specified number of games behind closed doors. Obviously dependant on many factors external to the devils
  6. Lloyd

Thinking out loud, would a potential for streaming make up for a potential shortfall? Its a balancing act between what may be viable and what's going to give a return on any investment. Bristol is likely a realistic proposition, and even psychologically feels like a stones throw away for many...
  7. Lloyd

Won't scratch the surface. Looking at just the top two football clubs. Swansea and Cardiff have on average 15k home attendances. Just for those teams to refund season ticket holders or lose out on match day revenue, you'd look at an estimated 600k per game for the two clubs... *Based on an...
  8. Lloyd

Planet Ice Bristol is just 40 or so mins from Ice Arena Wales. Issue would be capacity mind. I'm pretty sure that circa 1300 includes standing, its not a huge arena. Sufficient for NIHL not so much EIHL. But would guarantee a sell out, you'd imagine?
  9. Lloyd

ICE

To be fair, if we look across at our closes neighbours in Bristol Ice Rink. They've only been open a few weeks and the ice is already deteriorating there. But that's mainly due to a combination of poor management, untrained staff and constant use. Despite any misgivings, we're lucky to have...
  10. Lloyd

ICE

Deffo agree that the main pad is being over used. Pre covid, main pad would only be used for any Devils training sessions and any ad hoc training sessions by local teams in the evenings. With public skate and most teams training on the little pad. Now the pad is being used constantly from...
  11. Lloyd

Increased activity outside IAW …..

I was inside the rink on Monday. No ice down yet but the machinery was clearly running as it was noticeably cold. The surface has been cleaned too, presumably to allow for ice to be laid in the coming weeks.
  12. Lloyd

Matthew Myers Testimonial?

This blew my mind when I worked it out the other day, I can still vividly remember a young Josh Batch breaking into the roster. Where have those years gone?
  13. Lloyd

Gerad Adams Testimonial - Cardiff Devils no.26

This jersey is the only Devils jersey to be worn on ice with number 26 on since the jersey retirement of Brad Voth. It was worn by a Devils player during G's testimonial game. The jersey has also been signed by Brad Both himself above the number 26. Looking for offers in the region of £75...
  14. Lloyd

Possible new goalie...

http://deadspin.com/possibly-drunk-amat ... 1506319561
  15. Lloyd

Devils Night

I'm just annoyed that I wasn't consulted about using my material
  16. Lloyd

Devils Night

Its not as good when your own videos have been put into it without your consent. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that copywriting :| I don't mean to sound a bit annoyed but it would be nice to be asked
  17. Lloyd

JOONAS

Ive just got back from the rink and he was hanging around by the bench area. So I guess he's back and ready to play again!
  18. Lloyd

New Netminder - Phil Cook

Re: New Netminder http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... netminder/
  19. Lloyd

New Netminder - Phil Cook

Re: New Netminder His stats: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=33927