Search results

1. G

3rd August

This is not a club i now recognise. It just seems that that fans are being taken for mugs. We get to have crappy a brand of hockey but told every season we have a physical team, we now have an ice pad that resembles the classified ads of a local rag, a shirt logo that doesnt bring the team...
  2. G

Some stats

Need to look at shots for and against to get a better picture. The only teams who have given away more shots than us (439) are Guilford (529), Fife (477), Stars (567) and Clan (550).
  3. G

Giants Vs Devils - League - 6th Nov 22 - 16:00 FO

Taking a look at the teams stats just the league says a lot. We allow a huge amount of shots on goal per game and the more shots you face the more goals your going to concede. That doesnt tell the whole story though as when you watch games we allow so many shots in front of goal. Your not...
  4. G

RIP BRENT POPE

https://uk.linkedin.com/posts/brent-pope-06664233_below-is-an-email-i-wrote-to-my-hockey-teammates-activity-6917001000910286848-x_wF Dont know if anyone wants to know the background but this is from Brent himself earlier this year. It was a bitter end to his time in Cardiff but i enjoyed...
  5. G

Support Bownsy

Some people on here and twitter just dont like players being criticised, or someone commenting about team performance or general complaining. I read a post yesterday from a person A on twitter who was appalled at the criticism levied at the team by person G, although person G never mentioned...
  6. G

IAW Capacity Increase …

Ive no idea as to the cost of this or the practicality but what about a synthetic ice pad?
  7. G

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 30th Oct 22 - 16:00 FO

Some of the guys on the ice dont appear to be playing anywhere near the standards we have seen them play before, the question is this - is it down to the way the coach wants the players to play or is it down to their ability to play at this level week in week out dropping due to age? If its the...
  8. G

2022-2023 EIHL Predictions …

1. Belfast 2. Shuff 3. Devils 4. Panties 5. Clan 6. Flames 7. Storm 8. Fife 9. Blaze 10. Stars
  9. G

New coach: who should it be?

If Lord has any aspirations of making the NHL/AHL as a coach there is no way he would come back to the Devils. IAfter his first year with the Rabbits, he & they have struggled this year. Lots of players moving up & down the leagues hasnt helped though. As for a new coach, i cant see us going...
  10. G

Ice Rink - DUBLIN

On the question of visas, it would be the same as when we play CHL or those teams come to the UK. I dont think there is a visa that allows multiple entries to the UK for sporting purposes. I would say, sadly, this is a non starter for the EIHL, in the current climate and rules currently in place.
  11. G

Playoff Weekend

Which team(s) benefit from the extra week then?
  12. G

Devils v stars

Why would Dundee agree to change the date of the game to allow us to have fans in?! They have been hit harder than most due to lockdown & im pretty sure they would like to progress. They’d be telling Todd to get lost, we’ll play on the set date & if you have no fans then tough. Cant say id agree...
  13. G

Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

Some people just dont get the simple rules that if were abided by then the tougher restrictions wouldnt be needed. But they refuse to wear a mask and get arsey when asked about one. So many people in the UK now have no basic human decency for others and just think they can do as they please and...
  14. G

Breaking News: Devils sign new player

Tough on any guy having to play injured. You know you cant give what you want or what others expect but you still say you’ll lace them up to help the team. I guess the injury is a nagging one that may require surgery of some kind. As for Jake, lets hope hes able to manage his issues that hes...
  15. G

Devils Vs Blaze - League - 22nd Dec 21

This team just hasnt & isnt gelling. I wonder how much of it is down to them not mixing outside of hockey? I reckon they need a right good piss up, air what they want with each other & crack on. With so many away days on Sundays now it seems to be more of a chore than a pleasure for them and...
  16. G

Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

Difficulty is that the league covers 4 countries. All are at different places right now with Covid/restrictions but if there are restrictions in ANY of the 4 countries it wont be good for the league. Doesnt matter which one imposes it first.
  17. G

Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

Matthew Myers is sadly missed IMO. Wins crucial face offs, harasses D men & stays in front of the net all night long. Thats an area i feel we're lacking & would give the opposition something else to think about. Why he was never brought back, with Davies probably signed instead, is a mystery...
  18. G

steelers Vs Devils - League - 14th Nov 21

Connolly is a rat, i think we all agree on that but what he did shouldn't be reviewed by DOPs. The refs saw it as it was right in front of them. If he got a 2 min call then so should the Devils for the cross check given that's what started it. If a Devils player had done the same thing we...
  19. G

Jarrod Skalde Case Mentioned

Isnt a forum to discuss things?! If you dont want to talk about fine, others do
  20. G

Jarrod Skalde Case Mentioned

Posts can be removed, no need to close a whole thread ‘just in case’. Discussing the case on here will never result in any action in the US. Discussing potential outcomes will nit result in any action. Discussing how the team did or did not deal with the allegation will result in no action. If...