Search results

1. C

Latest rink update

I Don,t think jimmy's post was aimed at me even if it was I wouldn't take offence, I do understand jimmy's and every ones frustrations and to be honest I have a few of my own with regards to timings, there are still a few seats left to go in which will be completed next week we will be...
  2. C

Latest rink update

The emphasis was the 3000 seats which is why we have the design we have. its not beyond the realms of possibility to extend the benches in the future but it would involve reducing seating capacity of up to around 100 seats, moving and adding stairs to conform with building control and the fire...
  3. C

Latest rink update

As most of the the rinks in the elite league don't totally conform to IIHF rules in one way or another especially the big blue tents player benches and the CHL isn't classed as an official IIHF competition there is no reason for us not to play CHL in Cardiff. From what I have been told IIHF...
  4. C

Latest rink update

All the issues you have raised (and to be fair are all good points) were raised in the early stages of planning, the players bench was discussed with the devils management over two years ago. There is a logical explanation for all the points raised of which I would be happy to explain I am in...
  5. C

Latest rink update

Osh I am all for credit wheres credits due but your quote makes my skin crawl. Sorac have played a part making sure ice has been available in Cardiff for the last nine years and as a founder member of Sorac back in 2005/6 I get some pleasure out of that as do so many other founder members, but...
  6. C

Latest rink update

Osh I am all for credit wheres credits due but your quote makes my skin crawl. Sorac have played a part making sure ice has been available in Cardiff for the last nine years and as a founder member of Sorac back in 2005/6 I get some pleasure out of that as do so many other founder members, but...
  7. C

Latest rink update

All the seating is on site and being installed now and over the next couple of weeks.
  8. C

Latest rink update

No apologies needed, the rink is on track the seats are being installed happy days.
  9. C

Latest rink update

Before people start getting too excited and rummer's start, the official completion date for the rink is Jan, if any thing changes from this i will let every know.
  10. C

Latest rink update

I have put some more pictures on www.icearenawales.co.uk
  11. C

Latest rink update

Sorry missed some letters and numbers out Dooh. http://youtu.be5poJI4p4jyM
  12. C

Latest rink update

Here it is folks 1st IAW drone video many thanks to DICE. http://youtu.be/5poJI4jyM
  13. C

Latest rink update

At a cost of around £120,000 I hope its good.
  14. C

Latest rink update

The beams in the BBT are 7m above the ice, the beams in IAW are 9.3m above the ice the score board is 4m w x 2.4m h theres plenty of room. Its just an optical illusion i'm afraid. Hopefully when i get the drone video back (which shouldn't be to long) it will give you a better perspective.
  15. C

Latest rink update

I have added a few more progress pics tonight www.icearenawales.co.uk
  16. C

Pad size, BBT v Olympic.

The BBT is 56m long by 26m wide, The new pad will be 60m long by 30m wide so its 4m longer and 4m wider. The NHL is 60m long by 26m wide. Hope this helps.
  17. C

Latest rink update

Osh I would be happy to take you for a tour of the IAW site then you can see for your self and if Chillie wants to come too he is welcome. Just let me know when it suits you.
  18. C

Season Ticket Renewal

When we originally opened the BBT the capacity was 2000, I couldn't get the extra 300 standing agreed until the rink had proved it could cope with the with the 2000. We have a similar situation in IAW, the seating capacity is 3100 there is a walkway all the way around the top of the arena which...
  19. C

Latest rink update

Just so you know, I am a Devils supporter, I am also a founder member of SORAC and still work closely with Mark, Glyn and Lisa, I was also 100% involved in instigating and assisting in the Devils take over last year so I think they have had plenty of my attention.
  20. C

Latest rink update

You sound very bitter towards Greenbank chillee and i don't know why. I can understand every one being excited about the possibility of a buy out but there would be nothing to buy if Greenbank hadn't committed to the sports village development in the first place. They could have built the houses...