Search results

1. A

Clan Vs Devils -League - 19th Dec 21

Great 3rd period and result up there, nice to see other players finally chipping in with some goals, wasnt sure how this game would go before hand as the Clan feel to me like a bit of an unknown having started so much later. Result was needed and another small confidence boost now before the...
  2. A

Devils Vs steelers - League - 18th Dec 21

Result was the most important thing last night, shame it went to OT as we only gain 1 point on the steelers. I felt our performance is still all over the place, its chaotic hockey, maybe a confidence issue at the moment, another win against the Clan tonight and hopefully start to settle down...
  3. A

Devils Vs steelers - League - 18th Dec 21

what I would like to see from this game is if its not going our way (or even if it is) and we're getting frustrated, dont get kicked out having a go at the ref, go at the steelers instead
  4. A

Ben O’Connor released

Until the puck drops tomorrow and he's not there I've just got the feeling at some point before the game we'll get a "Welcome back to Sheffield Ben O'Connor, first game is against former club the Cardiff Devils", maybe because of who it is most of us have this thought in our mind :D. It just...
  5. A

Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final - 15 Dec 21

Bit of a shake up, be interesting to see if these lines spark something, Waller must be scratching his head (as am I) as to what he's done wrong
  6. A

He should be, he was only given 2 games and those would have been the weekend games, does it matter if he was given a game or match penalty on the night, would that mean he would have to sit out 3 games?
  7. A

Sanford, Cox, Waller Reid, McNally, Crandall Duggan, Dupont, Davies Dundee and the refs will be watching McNally from the first puck drop so drill into him to play a smart game, finish his checks (legally) get infront of the net, skate away from any flair ups (no point getting kicked out in the...
  8. A

Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

I agree with this, I think the whole match night needs a desperate overhaul, bar and food prices are what they are, we just eat before hand usually, the match night is really bothering me though, the warmup songs used to really used to get me ready for the game, now I dont even notice whats...
  9. A

Devils Vs Stars - League - 12th Dec 21

I've thought since the start of the season that maybe the playing budget has been cut and a portion been put away as an emergency covid fund (which I suppose is sensible given the way things are) and we will just see out this season with a "hope we do well enough for it not to be a problem", we...
  10. A

EIHL 10 team event

A bit late to the party on this event, haven't been on here much lately, it might be a decent event to go to as I should imagine the league will pair up the close "rivalries" Sheffield vs Nottingham (the league isn't going to miss out on this one) Cardiff vs Belfast Coventry vs Guildford Fife...
  11. A

20/21 Squad

My personal view would be to definitely keep: the Brits, Martin, Fournier and Haddad and maybe Dixon After that I think the rest are replaceable. I think the goal keeping situation needs to be looked at too, I think we either need to replace Murdy with a more capable goalie to take the weight...
  12. A

Benti retires

Not the season he would have wanted to go out on but he's been a fantastic player for us, I actually think that his best period with us was from the game where he checked Liam Stewart, after that game he seemed to play the rest of that season with a real edge to his game and I thought from then...
  13. A

Pope

Don't know if he's injured but he's been at the rink, he's been up in the gantry with reddick, I hope he not a healthy scratch as this season it just would make any sense to me at all
  14. A

Free sports

Listed as premier sports 1
  15. A

What’s your take on this

I think the main problem is the EIHL has moved too quickly to eradicate the physical side of things without having the necessary skill game to back it up, our CHL games have been great to watch because of the level of the teams we're playing bringing our compete level up (and they are probably...
  16. A

Devils Vs Flyers - 19 02 20 - League

Awful game, absolutely awful, not sure what Lord was watching listening to his post match interview, but 2 points in the bag and now the pressure is all on the steelers and thank god for the over zealous linesmen for stopping some excitement breaking out and completely crushing what little...
  17. A

What’s your take on this

It used to be a case that we would talk about games through the week and to friends and family, for the last few seasons as soon as I leave the rink I don't even think about hockey until I'm back in the rink for the next game. I think the problem with our league and the apathy towards hockey...
  18. A

Devils Vs Flyers - 19 02 20 - League

Massive opportunity for the Devils to turn up the pressure on the steelers tonight and go 1 point behind with 3 games in hand, but we have to take it, if Pope is fit I'd like to see him in for benti on the top line, give benti a few games off, it may be what's best for him
  19. A

Season tickets?

It's strange, I was totally against the change to 4pm Sunday's when they were first trialed but having 2 little ones, one of which is now in full time school and the other in nursery I am now fully 100% behind 4pm face offs on Sunday's, it means they're home for normal bed time, ideally from my...
  20. A

Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - 15/02/20 - League

Up and down game, we started ok, then the game seemed to slip into periods of slow motion for much of the 2nd period and picked up again in the 3rd, atmosphere was great for the last 10 mins with that tra la la chant, my daughter loved it. The Devils non goal, it definitely fully crossed the...