Search results

1. Temme

Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

I thought Dundee executed a perfect 1-3-1 trap for the majority of the night, when they allowed us into their zone easily through the first 30 minutes they collapsed so well as a unit we had no guilt edge chances & every single time they disrupted our zone entry had an odd man rush - Lord never...
  2. Temme

Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

The CHL games were always Tuesday/Tuesday, but which team was an unknown (not that it matters as its a trip abroad regardless) The most logical thing was to move the Dundee game from Saturday to tonight (which they would have done before the fixtures went public i would guess) 6 games in 10...
  3. Temme

Standing Area

I always thought it was the way that the sound travelled. But now that the drummers have split and i'm smack bang between them both (block 9, center ice line) it's difficult to follow a chant! However that's not a knock on the drummers at all - obviously if a chant starts in block 13, block...
  4. Temme

Patrick Asselin

Plus the answer to the question is in what you quoted - Paternity pay, unless otherwise stated will be at the statutory amount (In 2017 this was £140.98 per week) :)
  5. Temme

Expect a new face at Panthers

AHL season has already started and ECHL has just had it's final camp kick-out i believe to make the starting rosters. There'll be good players to be picked up that didn't make the AHL but maybe don't currently have teams. It doesn't look good though that the 2 new guys at the helm of the team...
  6. Temme

Blaze vs Devils - 22 Sept 19 - CC

Sointu's contract comes to an end on Monday 30th September anyhow; i'm guessing Martin will be back the following week; Riley most probably this weekend, but unless there is an extension to his contract this weekend will be the final time we see him anyway.
  7. Temme

Standing Area

Just a suggestion; There is absolutely nothing against the club picking a random midweek game (Dundee in a few weeks on a Thursday?) and making the block behind the away goal - even if it's just the top 3 rows. There's also nothing against the fans themselves trying this (taking flags, drums...
  8. Temme

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

This is not a knock on Scheistel, but Ben Blood is 10x the player Scheistel was. He was the best defensive D man on the Tappara roster last year, without question. He lead all D men in +/- whilst only playing 37 games, and with +15 almost lead the entire team (+16 leads). Just my opinion on it...
  9. Temme

Gleason Fournier #20 St. David's Day Jersey

This is now sold :)
  10. Temme

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

That's quite an interesting theory, I've wondered before if a team would ever consider deliberately starting the season an import short so that they can pay a couple of other players significantly more & attract higher end talent. However, the whole spare/not spare debate is tricky; undoubtedly...
  11. Temme

Devils Vs Panthers - 17 + 18 Aug 19 - Preseason Double Header

That's why I said he started with us - played 4/6 of the CHL games which are all played early in the year. (There was an alleged bust-up with Lord at one of the away trips). As a direct comparison for starting rosters, i'd say we are still bigger and more physical this year; but it's very early...
  12. Temme

Devils Vs Panthers - 17 + 18 Aug 19 - Preseason Double Header

Faryna started last year with us & Mike Hedden was a 1 man wrecking machine in the CHL; cleaning anything that moved out. But i agree, Riley, Masi, Dixon, Pope, DUGGAN to name but a few are seriously throwing their weight around forechecking early doors
  13. Temme

Gleason Fournier #20 St. David's Day Jersey

Gleason Fournier #20 Green St. David's Day Jersey for sale from 2017/2018. I wish i'd sold this closer to the time as i was offered a small fortune for it. As much as i love the jersey, i have more interest in spending the money on other things! Looking for £400 for it, but willing to...
  14. Temme

Potential lines?

After watching this weekends games (what brilliant games they were by the way) I think the top line most of us had correct (85/88/25) McNamee brings an awful lot more to the table than i'd expected, he should be the second line center. Masi looks capable of playing up and down the lines...
  15. Temme

Pre-season games

Same here, Money is not an issue but i begrudge paying £18 per game when there's nothing riding on them.
  16. Temme

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

I love Bowns and see him as the most valuable player on our entire roster. However I do think there are better goalies in the EIHL. (not in a negative way) I've said Fournier as the best signing in the league in terms of talent, and PROVEN talent at that (in the EIHL), but if you're talking...
  17. Temme

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

It's hard to get AS excited about players re-signing compared to new players. There's a lot of hype around Belfast as they're all new guys and there's an element of the unknown excitement. In reality any team would take Linglet, Martin, Fournier over 99% of their own squad. Slight rose tinted...
  18. Temme

Is it prediction time yet?

My prediction: 1) Belfast 2) Cardiff 3) Sheffield 4) Glasgow 5) Guildford 6) Nottingham 7) Manchester 8) Coventry 9) Dundee X) Fife, i'm not even going to bother guessing where they will finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Temme

Is it prediction time yet?

Anyone brave enough to take an early ish season punt at finishing spots? # Players signed (per EP 5/8/19, some may be 2 way players): GOALIE / D / F Belfast - 3/6/12 Cardiff - 3/8/12 Nottingham - 3/7/11 Glasgow - 3/6/12 Guildford - 3/6/11 FIfe - 2/0/8 (lol...) Sheffield - 0/8/13 Coventry -...
  20. Temme

EIHL in 5 years

Correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't we been here quite a while already? Basingstoke Bison Hull Stingrays Edinburgh Capitals Manchester Phoenix Newcastle Vipers MK Lightning All in the last 10 years. I'm 50/50, I want to see the highest standard of hockey I can irrespective of GB, I don't...