Search results

1. Devil_Abroad

Flames vs Devils - 19 Sept - CC

Despite all the pens that was a good game of hockey. Devils for all their indiscipline played well on PK, PP, and 5 on 5. Top performance. Flames played well for 50 mins but having only 14 out skaters (3 imports down and Ben Davies missing) tools it toll in the last 10 mins. If we hadn’t been...
  2. Devil_Abroad

Slashing and hooking mostly - type of pens the IIHF want clamped down on this season. Took us 30 minutes to realise that! Mind you Flames should have had a couple for embellishment lol
  3. Devil_Abroad

Absolute stunner of a goal, great feed from Fournier to Sointu rushing down the right wing into the o-zone and stopped, waited, passed to Dixon arriving behind late who faked a shot, deked right, and put a bank hand top shelf. Top goal.
  4. Devil_Abroad

All the pens deserved - Masi’s quick shot hit the outside of the left post.
  5. Devil_Abroad

Devils vs Flames - 14 Sept - CC

Eek hope that’s just a reaction to a meal he had yesterday and so not a virus that goes through the whole team obviously hope he gets over it quickly
  6. Devil_Abroad

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

Think you’re missing the point here. Yes our team wasn’t the best which makes Lyle’s antics on the ice winning us games against top quality hockey players even more astounding. The teams we played weren’t Sunday league quality.
  7. Devil_Abroad

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

Car crash right there...... ‍♂️‍♂
  8. Devil_Abroad

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Having McNamee centre with Linglet was strange as he has the same gliding technique - I had to look twice a few times! Haha
  9. Devil_Abroad

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Riley Martin Benti Linglet McNamee Haddad Pope Dixon Marajamaki Duggan Myers Batch (Rutkis had one shift?) Richardson Fournier Reddick Jardine McMonagle Louis
  10. Devil_Abroad

Steelers webcast

Some Steeler fans believe it was increased to £15 to encourage more fans to attend the game which was only costing £5. Not sure that makes sense but happy if it’s correct.
  11. Devil_Abroad

Steelers webcast

It would be interesting to understand their reasoning for this hike in price. Maybe they need to raise the price as the money spent on the team was more than the budget allowed? Maybe they have new equipment and therefore need to recover some of the outlay? One thing’s for sure, they will lose...
  12. Devil_Abroad

MNL

6 on 3 for 90 seconds at the end - Batch and Richardson awesome killing that. Have they lost weight or are the new shirts that good?!!! Dixon/Pope/Benti/Batch all look like they’ve been training all summer. The speed at times was amazing. Now I know that was a friendly, first game, and we don’t...
  13. Devil_Abroad

MNL

Marjamäki is going to cause carnage all season and I can just hear Louis saying to Batch whilst rolling his eyes ‘we’re going to be busy this season’ McNamee is a Martin but taller. Riley has a turn a speed when he sniffs the net that is mind boggling
  14. Devil_Abroad

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2019/2020

My wife and friend will still visit the Viola. I will however accompany them to a few away games at Coventry, Guildford and Nottingham. May even go to Sheffield Glad we won the Play off as that will be a good memory to keep for our last playoffs
  15. Devil_Abroad

Farmer leaves Panthers

His extension contract states he’s allowed to sign overseas but if he stays in the EIHL then he will be a Panther. I believe if he goes to DEL2 and plays for Nielsen then he’s classed there as an import - probably less money that Canadians or Americans and possibly similar to his Panthers money...
  16. Devil_Abroad

Farmer leaves Panthers

17. Devil_Abroad

Looks like initial response on Cage is favourable too However, I’m struggling to see that from his stats Didn’t light up the EBEL, short stint in the SHL - was he offered another contract or due to the lack of one he jumped at the Panthers offer? Stats seem to point to a stay at home D but...
  18. Devil_Abroad

Youngster? He’s 33? Agree that he’s talented, very talented for our league. Sheffield are going all out for the league this year it seems.
  19. Devil_Abroad

Coaches Q&A

Interesting to hear that he’s happy to stay given assurances of more backing this season yet only able to hold onto 2 imports from last year’s roster where I would have thought he’d want to keep at least 8 of them. Continuity is a huge plus fro any organisation. Bigger still (as in news) is the...