Search results

1. C

Tom Parisi

Best of luck to him. I know he tucked us up royally but his head must’ve been all over the place. Hopefully he’s fallen back in love with hockey.
  2. C

Standing Area

Standing section is a great idea. The Viola atmosphere just struggles with pockets of chants at different times unless it’s a big game. Personally I think it would have to go in Bronze seats otherwise our fan base would have a full meltdown. This might not be everyone cup of tea but I think if...
  3. C

Devils vs Clan - 15 Sept - League

Surprised how unanimated Fitzy was as a coach tonight. Considering his playing style I thought he be a lot more vocal. Also he hardly played Rau
  4. C

Shirt purchase

It doesn’t help the way then shop is the designed. It’s hard to provide good customer services when there’s so many people in such a small space, rushing to make purchases between periods. I always thought a pop up merchandise shop would be good idea on the stage in the bar. There’s more space...
  5. C

MO

Agreed, you look at the Red Wings. Original 6 NHL team and with a prolonged period of success yet they’ve only retired 8 numbers (40 & 91 will probably get retired).
  6. C

MO

Tough questions but I’d say no. In the future I can’t see us talking about Mo the same way we talk about Voth, Lawless & McEwen now. For me Richie gets one maybe Lord in a few years if the success continues but no one else at moments. That’s Martin, Myers, Bownsy missing out.
  7. C

Shirt purchase

Sounds to me like it’s a supplier QC error. The fact the supplier has agree to take back the wrong Devils shirt and turned the new round so quick. I’ve ordered one for Frölunda away be lucky to get it but it is what it is.
  8. C

Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept - CHL

I still think we need to get an one OTL against Frolunda (smalll ask I know). 10 years ago you wouldn’t of dreamed of being able to compete with them but now there’s a huge belief we might be able to scrape something. Fingers crossed Graz can do us a favours against Mountfield.
  9. C

Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept - CHL

Our 4th line brings so much energy. Keep forgetting Sam Duggan is only 21, he’s playing like an established vet.
  10. C

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Interesting read. I’ve always been critical on Bordys time in Cardiff. IMO he was brought in to look after other players but he never seemed that interested in doing it (Apart from Klotz which seemed a bit more personal than for the team). This articles a reminder for of just how broken these...
  11. C

How important is the CHL

It wasn’t a fight, Raine was a lucky boy. He made a few sloppy give aways and I think it was frustration blowing over. Thought the Pelech hit could of gone either way, initially I though no but after the replays I was swaying towards high. The hit on Forsberg I was baffled it didn’t get called...
  12. C

How important is the CHL

I’ve never seen a fight in the CHL before but is it a 5min game penalty for a fight?
  13. C

How important is the CHL

Games got everything. Remember when the Giants didn’t want CHL hockey.
  14. C

How important is the CHL

I was thinking that, it looks terrible.
  15. C

How important is the CHL

Giants look great. Farnham & Pelech looks like great additions to the league.
  16. C

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

For the ice time but the rest of the arena is up for debate. After seeing Grazing Sheds price increases & decrease in portion size I’m guessing there rent has increased. Like I said the clubs in great position, don’t wanna come across ungrateful.
  17. C

What I didn’t realise till Todd tweeted it (I always naively thought the “free rent” meant everything in the IAW was of free use) the IAW charge the devils for basically everything apart from the ice. This includes stewarding, car parks, security, use of the offices & shop plus much more which...
  18. C

True but Todd said “I’d gladly pay big rent for another 2-5k seats”
  19. C

I don’t think it’s a case of who’s owners are wealthiest as most club are run sustainably. It’s more of a case of who’s club has more potential. Todd recently said he would trade the rent free ice for extra seats. So with that logic our squad spending cap will always be lower than that of the...
  20. C

Giants & Steelers are bigger clubs than the Devils, They’re going to have better players. Like them or loathe them Steelers are the biggest club in the EIHL with the biggest budget. Ok last few years Sheffield have been poorly run especially with head coaches & recruitment but this year they...