Search results

1. matbur

Devils vs Flames - 14 Sept - CC

I thought we allowed Flames to remain in the game for far too long, which didn't reflect our dominance. Challenge Cup means very little but a good exercise for the players ahead of tomorrow.
  2. matbur

Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept - CHL

This game is live on freesports tv too! Jesus, a pair of wins this week would rank among the best week of results in the team's history!
  3. matbur

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

Shit, thanks for the heads up
  4. matbur

Short term signing

Speculating here, but I wonder whether Joey is going to have some sort of minor surgery to clear up whatever injury he has niggling him? He obviously must've felt it was getting better as he played last Sunday. Perhaps he and the team feel it's best to get it cleared up completely now before the...
  5. matbur

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

You could fully understand it if Bowns felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind to perform in a big game, but everything about his character suggests he'll be between the pipes tonight and in the zone. The guy is huge to our chances of success. Stating the obvious, but I'm really, really...
  6. matbur

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Pre-season results mean nothing as soon as the serious stuff starts and it'll be up to the players to raise their game a notch for the CHL. Clearly some work needs to be done with the powerplay units and no doubt Lord will be addressing that this week. One other point, was the ice a...
  7. matbur

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

No problem Chris, but it will at least be balanced whether you agree or not. Appreciate the post in question is not necessarily a shared view, but posts of that nature give the forum a bad name.
  8. matbur

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Are Steelers actually supposed to be that good this year, or are the above comments made with a bit of jest?
  9. matbur

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

The old Inferno is as informed as ever, I see...
  10. matbur

Pre-season games

Back to back nights at these prices?? I will probably on Sunday because I've missed hockey and want to check out view from my new season ticket seats.
  11. matbur

New Devils podcast

Not listened yet but will definitely follow it
  12. matbur

EIHL in 5 years

The gap between the haves and have nots is growing and that's just in our league. Let alone the second tier or growing the number of clubs in the league which is desperately needed. Taking aside the gloss as a Devils fan, the product is very weak and barely sustainable. The league can't even...
  13. matbur

Potential lines?

I think hockey fans in this country generally need to take a step back and take a hard look at themselves. Please note my use of the word 'generally' because there are some very decent people following the sport, but since I've got more involved with UK hockey, I've found the community to be...
  14. matbur

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

That Pelach looks a cracking signing for Giants, shame we didn't get him.
  15. matbur

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Really pleasing to see our forwards are looking a bit more physical now.
  16. matbur

Summit: Jerseys

Maybe it will take some time but I don't like the jerseys, the Peacocks branding looks oversized, especially on the home and away jerseys and those hoops on the arms? Hmm...
  17. matbur

Potential lines?

What did Pope say? I would give him the benefit of doubt with regards to starting on second line, he's had a year here, time to build on that and hopefully he'll be a bit more consistent.
  18. matbur

Challenge Cup groups & format

Three trophies going around 10 teams? That's still too many in my view. As I said, it's purely an income stream.
  19. matbur

Challenge Cup groups & format

Sorry, but I find the entire competition a bore and pretty irrelevant. I know that the league can't just make new teams magically appear but it's another competition against the same old teams, it becomes repetitive and as someone earlier wrote, the entire group stage is just to eliminate two...
  20. matbur

Devils sign Mike Mcnamee

Yeah, pretty sure he'll be our 3C. Mixed feelings about him signing, good to have a new player on board and looking forward to seeing him on the ice but this is also a big indication that Ulmer, one of most reliable players in recent years, won't be returning. I get the impression that Lord...