Search results

1. august04

Standing Area

It’s a nice idea, although not for me personally. My aching bones need to be sat down in a cold rink in the middle of winter! I think taking 3 blocks out though is way too many. Just try it with one block initially, behind Bown’s goal. You’ll get chants bouncing back and forth between the nearby...
  2. august04

Shirt purchase

This doesn’t make good reading. TK must be mortified reading this last couple of pages. I think I’d be trying to do this in-house instead of continuing as is and have people spending their hard earned money elsewhere. Or get more customer friendly people in the shop!
  3. august04

Shirt purchase

The quality of that black jersey looks shocking. I wonder if they’ll give refunds for those who ordered, expecting something much closer to what was shown in the shop, which in fairness, looked great. Weren’t the logos/badges supposed to be stitched on also?
  4. august04

Love this.

Change is not always for the best. Much prefer that music for the intro over what we have now.
  5. august04

Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept - CHL

The whole team were quite brilliant. No more words needed tonight.
  6. august04

Belfast v ausburger

The call could have gone either way, it was so close. I thought it should have been given because the on ice call was a goal and the video evidence looked unclear to me (from the tv feeds). Under those circumstances the on ice call should stand in my opinion.
  7. august04

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

The only negative was the scoreboard. A month since the start of pre-season and we still have the screen that faces the benches, with a large section blacked out so you can’t see any penalty information. It’s crap really.
  8. august04

Not quite true...
  9. august04

I thought we were pretty poor in the first period but whatever was said in the break worked! We looked a different team in the second and I thought Fournier in particular, grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Our goaltending wasn’t great in the CHL last year, but I thought Bowns had a...
  10. august04

Short term signing

i think this guy will stick around, given the obvious concern surrounding Joey Martin and with the likes of Haddad coming off lengthy injuries last year. The worse start possible to our CHL campaign, Martin is very difficult to replace at our level.
  11. august04

How important is the CHL

Unbelievable result for the Giants (and the EIHL) against a top Czech team. They looked fantastic at times, not afraid to mix it up either. They look to have it all.
  12. august04

How important is the CHL

Liberec have completely lost the plot! Giants are playing a great game so far, Keefe looks to have recruited a skilful and highly entertaining team. Should be fun watching them this year.
  13. august04

How important is the CHL

Giants fans are in for a treat this year. They look very good and have a definite edge to their game too.
  14. august04

How important is the CHL

Farnham-Reddox-Smotherman looks a very good combination! Great first period.
  15. august04

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

We have a chance. Panthers beat them home and away I think in their last CHL campaign. Take out Frölunda as that’s unlikely to say the least but I think we can get some results or at least be very competitive against Mountfield and Graz99ers.
  16. august04

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Do the Devils run the arena now? Just wondering if they get the bar takings etc or whether Greenbank still get those?
  17. august04

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

While the Martin-Benti-Riley line looked dangerous, there was very little to be excited about tonight after that performance. Defensively we look very suspect. We’re miles off where we need to be to do anything in the CHL campaign. I remain to be convinced about a few guys this year, both...
  18. august04

Steelers webcast

If the connection needed to be more reliable, then they shouldn’t have been charging a tenner in the first place. I had numerous problems with Blaze webcasts last season. I would urge people not to pay these increased prices, £10 is quite enough.
  19. august04

Steelers webcast

The way to stop it is for everyone to boycott their webcast until they see sense. If people don’t pay it, they’ll revert back to something more reasonable. £15 is outrageous but people need to stop buying it or it will remain.
  20. august04

Steelers webcast

I’m happy to pay £10 for any webcasts around the league. I won’t pay £15 though, ridiculous price - especially since quite often you get problems with the feeds etc (including Sheffield). They won’t be getting my money this year at that price level.