Search results

1. Finny

Webcasts

In the past IcetimeTV have used pre-season games to test everything. Not sure whether change in ownership will alter that.
  2. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Ideally you want to spread the As across the lines so if something happens you have one (or the Captain) on the ice ready to talk to the officials. The lines might change but we all seem to think that Martin, Cox and Duggan will be on different lines?
  3. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

We don’t know what players are like in the dressing room but based on the ice I’m not too surprised. Cox was one of our most consistent players last year and wasn’t afraid to put his body where it hurts. Cox could well be a player that spends much of this decade at this club.
  4. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Kozun has a family wedding this weekend so flies in Monday.
  5. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

And after all that it’s not possible from the back of the stands to make out any pattern in the jerseys anyway!!! :D
  6. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Yes. I meant the National Museum of Wales.
  7. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

You need to give me a chance to reply. I’m slow enough typing on my iPad without fact-checking everything on Google first.
  8. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Photos of Cardiff. Places like Cardiff Bay, the Norwegian Church. Millennium Centre. But I’m not sure of your point? We’ve had the City skyline on a jersey before. With the exception of the Norwegian Church, most of the other buildings are newer than the club.
  9. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

The thing is, Cardiff isn‘t really famous for anything other than being the Capital City of Wales. Yes it boomed during the industrial revolution thanks to coal. But no coal was mined here. Cardiff just happened to be near the coast and close to rivers of thone valleys that did mine coal. As a...
  10. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Yes. I just happened to Google “ is there a red dragon on the city of Cardiff coat of arms?” and boom I got lucky. God forbid I find the history of the city I was born in to be of interest and to read books about it. So let me turn it around and ask you what images you think represent Cardiff...
  11. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

Maybe for that one guy, but that doesn’t explain why Cardiff fans sing Men of Harlech or fly the St David’s Flag at away games. Every time you go to an away games it is Wales v England.
  12. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

At least since 1906. After Cardiff was granted City status in 1905 both a flag and Coat of Arms were commissioned for the city. Both have a red dragon at the centre. Earlier you asked what ‘Y ddraig goch ddry cychwyn'’ means and why it was on a previous jersey. It means ‘The Red Dragon Will...
  13. Finny

New Devils Jerseys

The only major sports club that could realistically be described as a Cardiff sports clubs is Cardiff RFC. And that’s despite trying to broaden their support. I believe Cardiff City FC get more of its support from outside the city than within it. You only need see the names on the flags at away...
  14. Finny

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

It’s certainly worked out for us in the past. Tyson Strachan being the standout example. Wait until you’re two months in so you can see where you need strengthening. By which time you start to get players who were hoping for AHL contracts become available.
  15. Finny

Quite possibly. id assumed they’d be splitting the backup duty between the two brits at Hull. But after re-reading the press release for that maybe they won’t, or will have two import netminders with only one on the roster each game.
  16. Finny

Steelers to announce another signing Tuesday. Spare import presumably? Not too surprising considering a couple of their players have injury issues in recent seasons.
  17. Finny

Apologies, I should have said 18 not 16.
  18. Finny

Which bit are you confused with? The roster rules brought in last summer have made things a little bit more complicated but I’m not aware of any loopholes or turning a blind eye to anything?
  19. Finny

Nationality and passport are actually irrelevant under EIHL. A ‘Brit’ is actually a home-grown player I.e. someone who has played at least two years of junior hockey n the UK before the age of 16. An ‘import’ is someone who doesn’t fit the above criteria. So your import status for the EIHL...
  20. Finny

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

The fact that all these players (plus McNally) were all disappointed at not returning suggests we do look after our players very well. Else they’d be wanting to leave. Nobody likes being told they‘re not wanted anymore. But Todd, Franny and DuPont have to put the club before any sentimentality...