Search results

1. James

Love this game.

I've no doubt at all its not limited to the sponsors, but from my seat, being amongst mostly season ticket holders, thats what I've mostly experienced.
  2. James

Love this game.

All the bad behaviour Ive encountered has been due to sponsors and alcohol. That may be partly due to the fact I sit adjacent to sponsor seats though.
  3. James

Long time fans.

I still consider myself a newbie but I've had a season ticket for about 16 years now so I guess I'm just getting old :). I was always aware of the Devils, growing up in Cardiff but my only exposure to the rink was rock nights a friend ran in Gretzky's. Got taken to the first game of the '05...
  4. James

New Devils Jerseys

Jerseys will be revealed at an open training session for season ticket holders 16th August. You'll be able to pre-order then too.
  5. James

New Devils Jerseys

shouldn't it have been 'He shot, he missed, he claimed an assist' :cool:
  6. James

New Devils Jerseys

Factor into that the league chairman and steelers owner, Two Point Tony owns the company that makes the jerseys too and he's winning on both fronts. Probably charging the steelers lots for the jerseys in the first place so he can shift the profit across to the other company.
  7. James

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

That's not the question to ask. Of course we can. The question to ask is can we do better than Riley Brandt for the same money (and be as sure of the output)
  8. James

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

He's also a player you can market, will put bums on seats and sell shirts. Its not totally about the on ice.
  9. James

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

I'd be very happy to see Ferrara 'back' with us.
  10. James

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

I can see both sides of the argument for and against Bowns. I wouldn’t take the recent gb games as any indicator though when you’re playing world class teams and have Ben OConnor and Davy Philips on D
  11. James

Dupont named head coach

Disbanded last year
  12. James

Dupont named head coach

No but in all fairness we'd just experienced a massive low point in being a Devils fan. Having a team and an owner that cared was more than enough. Expectation of success was down on the list.
  13. James

GB

Neither him nor Duggan are on the roster today
  14. James

Dupont named head coach

Depends on the 5 or six changes. There were 2 changes this season which arguably had they been there from the start would have put us higher up the table. Gassing BOC and bringing in McNulty and replacing an injured Dupont with Coughler made a huge change
  15. James

Dupont named head coach

They managed it during covid. Can you imagine the scenes, trying desperately to get to elite prospects on the rink wifi o_O
  16. James

Dupont named head coach

Dupont Interview Francis Interview Kelman Interview
  17. James

5 coaches needed

That could work both ways. If he were to have had that meeting in-between pod-casts (I've no idea how many days there were in-between recordings if any) he would be in a different position. Not able to say anything rather than not knowing anything. There were one or two awkward silences when...
  18. James

5 coaches needed

Just listened to Franny and DuPont on Wallys pod-cast. Sounds like DuPont has been manoeuvring for a coaching position for a number of years so it wasn't a case of being thrown at it, more grasping the opportunity with both hands when it came. I'm certainly a lot more in favour of giving him a...
  19. James

5 coaches needed

I'm fairly confident Todd wouldn't consider Whistle.
  20. James

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Confirmed by the Steelers. The world is a safer place for net-minders