Search results

1. kettdevil1

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

I am assuming he will be a nominal number two … decent CV but as you say, not one that shouts starter…
  2. kettdevil1

The redoubtable Kevin of course..... Scott is listed as playing for the Nott Cougars at u16 level so I am presuming Basingstoke was before that: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/93316/scott-conway I also found out today he is cousins with the Perlinis...
  3. kettdevil1

Yep, Lake did not do the required number of years of junior development here so isn't a Brit under EIHL rules but can play for GB thanks to his passport..... Conway played junior hockey here (I think for Nottingham but I could be wrong) so is a Brit to the EIHL....
  4. kettdevil1

2022-2023 EIHL Predictions …

100%. I thought last year was their chance, Devils rebuilding, Nottingham awful and whilst Belfast were good, Sheffield matched them for a lot of the season. It was the manner that they crumbled at the end and also his inability to see that their NMing was a massive weak spot that makes me...
  5. kettdevil1

Fair points and I suspect that it's going to be a bit of lottery for the last two playoff slots. On paper I would put Fife in one of those slots as their recruitment seems a safer bet to be a 'hit' (as we know a fair number of their roster and what they are capable of) than Manchester, Dundee or...
  6. kettdevil1

I am surprised that most people have placed Fife bottom or second bottom. Their roster looks far better than the last few years and certainly better than Dundee, Manchester and arguably Coventry as well.
  7. kettdevil1

.... and actually there is a related point that this post raises. Can anyone remember the name of the Murrayfield coach who was sacked after one training session? It may be my brain playing tricks on me but I have a feeling he had a name similar to Fiore..... I also want to know how bad that...
  8. kettdevil1

..... and of course Castron deciding not to come meant we ended up with Doug Mcewen so every cloud.....
  9. kettdevil1

I am at a loss to explain it if the rumour is true..... for sure he must be better than he seemed last year given his history, but even if we accept that last year was not representative of how good he can be. Why would you take a risk that he wouldn't come back to his best the following season...
  10. kettdevil1

Premier Sports Discount

This has come up a few times and I am not sure where the truth lies. I know it was mentioned as a possibility but looking at the fixtures, if we exclude the Christmas period, there are only 5 games on a Thursday (we have two of them), so not sure if this is linked to Premier or not?
  11. kettdevil1

14th out of 17 last season I believe and then knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. I wonder if he is using it as a stepping stone to greater things? I quick scan of players we would know that have been signed from the league or have subsequently signed there include: Vallerand...
  12. kettdevil1

Josh Brittain

Of course we were founded in 86 not 87, apologies - I managed to knock a year off our age (nothing to do with the fact that I try to knock a few years off my own age....)
  13. kettdevil1

Josh Brittain

Surely Lawless was 87? It was deffo the 87/88 season but I thought he was there from the start, so his third game would have been Autumn 1987
  14. kettdevil1

Nothing has been announced and the latest rumours were either Dundee or Cov
  15. kettdevil1

New Devils Jerseys

Not really a hockey top person but it's a good point, we tend to have them by now.... Not sure if this is a tangent but I see a new media bod has been appointed which is a good step forward, I felt we missed Fie for a time when she left but things have stepped up recently. I still envy Blaze...
  16. kettdevil1

Josh Brittain

Welcome to the Inferno. As others have pointed out we have had other players in similar situations and I suppose it's part of the job that life is fairly transient, hell even Johnny Hockey has gone South (although I still don't know why) 121 games in the A, CHL experience and no real evidence...
  17. kettdevil1

The smart money is on Whis signing for the Blaze, which wouldn't be the worst move for either party IMHO....
  18. kettdevil1

Signed in Austria - good luck to him, always like to see Brits trying to break Europe. His replacement is another one of Corey Neilson's sons - Logan - he is still young but is full of potential. Could be an interesting one to watch.
  19. kettdevil1

Loved that line, brought it every night and completely redefined Farmer in particular.... must have been great fun to play on, less so to play against
  20. kettdevil1

Manchester Storm friendly on 28.8.22

Those have been the away blocks in the last few seasons - higher seats generally have a better view