Search results

1. Temme

Craig Moore departs

Can't say i disagree here, the only stumbling block i guess would be the budget is likely written with a CC semi-final home gate sellout in mind, which we won't be getting, this will make a slight dent into this. I'm not even going to pretend i know the inner workings of a hockey team as i...
  2. Temme

Craig Moore departs

3 wheels on my wagon... just kidding - according to the article Kelman contacted Fife as he wasn't getting the ice time with us. No issue here for me, a good move for all involved. Plus assuming he doesn't return it answers the question of the 5 U23 brits next year, as Moore is no longer...
  3. Temme

More players available?

Sheffield are nothing close to the team they were last year - they have no tough guy. 5 fights for the entire season - 2 Lawrence (no longer there) 2 D.Phillips (injured - 6 weeks??) 1 Della Rovere - Ben Blood jumped him With no legitimate tough guy and nobody willing to pick up the slack i...
  4. Temme

Scott Matzka has sadly passed

Absolutely devastating news, a true professional who wore his heart on his sleeve when with the Devils & one of the best C men we've been blessed with on any roster in the club. What amazed most of all was his tenacity in the face of a death sentence, a real never say die attitude and someone...
  5. Temme

Devils Vs Flames - 5 Dec 18 - League

We had something very similar to this in a ball hockey team i used to play for. We had several 'leaders', and guys who could really guide a team, however only 2-3 people that knew ALL of the rules, and had the right persona to speak to a referee without telling him what you really thought. Mo'...
  6. Temme

Martin seemed to have a lot of issues with this last night, every face-off there was something. The officiating overall was terrible, and the linemen were no better.
  7. Temme

I took it off the EIHL website, so it's probably wrong. I missed a good chunk of the first period - midweek game and M4 being down to 1 lane :( :( :(
  8. Temme

This isn't to call you out in the slightest but i've found the info so wanted to share it :) /edit - i've just realized the table formats horribly, sorry for that... All the info is here though: http://elite.wttstats.pointstreak.com/prostatstext/leaguereport_18470.txt TL;DR version: Home PP -...
  9. Temme

Great atmosphere last night. Massive plaudits go to the entire organisation for the £6.66 deal. some newbies have bought the seats around our ST's both times and spent the first period shouting "fight fight fight" before becoming completely captivated and loving every moment and enjoying the...
  10. Temme

Faryna Leaves

1) He's currently over a point a game 2) He's Glasgow's 2nd highest point scorer. 3) He has 22 points, only 3 of our players have more. 4) "He's pug ugly" this is all subjective. I've been called pug ugly many times. Well, replace 'pug' with....... you catch my drift. 5) He has 2 fights this...
  11. Temme

Hmmmmm.

Parisi was over before it began. Nothing to see there. Blood was an offer that undoubtedly was 4x what we were paying him. Faryna - i'll concede, "suspicious", but also likely injury/health as he plays a very reckless game. Results wise, no argument, very hit and miss and something isn't...
  12. Temme

Faryna Leaves

At a guess i'd say this is health or even injury related. That's now us - Nottingham - Coventry all looking for replacement forwards...
  13. Temme

Devils Vs Stars - 2 Dec 18 - League

With respect; best line is probably stretching it a little bit. Most entertaining maybe? They were for me as entertaining together (Garside was their third) as Voth, Finnerty & Hill were in the BBT days. Worth the entrance fee alone to watch Lloyd and Keefe cause havoc. For me the best line...
  14. Temme

Panthers lose

wasn't really performng at a rate you'd expect given his ECHL performance. Also would expect more production from a former round #1 draft pick. Can't see this as a huge loss to be honest.
  15. Temme

Flyers Vs Devils - 1 Dec 18 - League

Crowder was a little rusty when he first joined us - he was never given a chance to get going, given limited minutes on a bottom line, no PP time... That's not a knock on him nor the Devils, as we won almost everything last year, so clearly it worked. I too thought he wasn't great with us as we...
  16. Temme

Devils Vs Stars - 2 Dec 18 - League

Positives: Last 8 games (inc. CC) we are 14/16 points Negatives: Back to back home losses against the worst teams in the league. We have multiple guys at the moment that do not look in the slightest bit game ready; i "hope" this is injury related and temporary at that, as the dip in form is...
  17. Temme

Rutkiss ...

The U23 idea for me is a step in the right direction, but not quite perfect. I have no clue what 'perfect' looks like, either though. Hopefully there'll be some tweaks regarding something like minimum gametime? icetime per game? On second thoughts those things sound stupid to even suggest in...
  18. Temme

Rutkiss ...

Don't know where to find them written down as 'fact' however to simplify the rules: My understanding of them (which may well be very wrong): 14 'import' players +5 british trained players ___ that figure of '19' players can be made up of no more than 14 'imports', however should an import be...
  19. Temme

Rutkiss ...

I've asked this myself, and even put it to RedArmyRoundUp as to what they would think will happen. The general consensus from Paul, Shaun & Aaron is lawday may be the new back-up and Murdy will unfortunately be the guy to suffer. Obviously nobody knows though; but yes you are right in that we...
  20. Temme

Rutkiss ...

The progression players like Rutkis make (or rather, may not make) will be interesting to see over the next 3-4 years, as the next batch of brits to come through as legitimate top 9 players at present is almost non existent. The EPIHL folding means players like Rutkis spend a year playing...