Search results

1. O

Evan Mosey Signs

Pretty obvious we need to sign a quality D man, if we were able to sign the equivalent of a Strachan, Weller or Hotham I would settle for that.
  2. O

Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

As poor a performance as I’ve seen in a long time. I am not going to single out any player for playing badly because there were too many. Last night’s win merely papered over the huge cracks that have appeared in the team in recent weeks. Obviously I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at...
  3. O

Paul Thompson

Good luck to him...the mans got to make a living eh ?
  4. O

Ben Blood

It seems our D recruitment is blighted this season !
  5. O

Devils Vs Flyers - 7 Nov - League

Expecting to see a huge reaction from the players tonight after last weekend’s very poor showing. Whilst a win is needed, I am expecting to see the players busting a gut and getting back to what we have seen earlier in the season with strong fore and back checking which eases the load on our D...
  6. O

Devils Vs Blaze - 3 Nov - League

I already mentioned that many of our players ‘went missing’ last night and by that I mean our forwards were pretty poor around the net and failed to produce quality shots to really test a net minder. Only one of our forwards managed a goal, and our forwards certainly didn’t put in the normal...
  7. O

Devils Vs Blaze - 3 Nov - League

Very disappointing performance tonight. Too many players simply not doing their jobs. One of the poorer defensive displays I’ve seen in a long time. In my opinion, Lord got plenty of decisions wrong tonight and our players became frustrated and ill disciplined as the game progressed and we...
  8. O

CLAN V DEVILS

A hard fought win by the sound of things. Another 2 league points which keeps the momentum going.
  9. O

Blaze Vs Devils - Sun 28 Oct - CC

A great way to bounce back from last nights disappointing performance considering we were minus a few players. Well done to Rutkis on his MOM and Murdy on his shut out.
  10. O

Devils Vs Flames - Sat 27 Oct - CC

I for one will never tire of us winning, but I will never ever smile about a loss. However, when you look at topics such as Perceived Arrogance etc, tonight’s result shows we are there to be shot down, and shot down we certainly were. I’m not going to criticise our team after so many great...
  11. O

New Team in Leeds

Well, if it was good enough for us - albeit temporarily - it will do a job in Leeds. Definitely aim for EIHL if the backing from decent ownership is prepared to take it on. Obviously it is a gamble for Leeds as it would mean a new coach setting up a team capable of competing straight away at...
  12. O

Devils Vs Flyers - Sun 21 Oct - League

Flyers didn’t exactly help themselves by playing more or less 2 1/2 line hockey against us and we were able to roll out with 4 strong lines when Lord wanted to.
  13. O

Devils Vs Steelers - Sat 20 Oct - League

2 very good performances from us this weekend. Met up with friends who are Steelers fans - who continue to travel to away games to support their team - and its these sort of fans I have sympathy for having to watch their team under perform. I feel Barrasso has taken on a huge job thanks to...
  14. O

Hotham

Some decent players indeed play in that league. The Generals have several players with vast experience at high levels of hockey, Chris Campoli is one for example with over 400 NHL games to his CV.
  15. O

Devils Vs Steelers - Sat 20 Oct - League

I fully expect Steelers to up their game for this one. Dowd back and he causes us problems and Barrasso will want to see improvements very soon.
  16. O

Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

Loved the tempo of this game. To come back from 3 - 0 down and then lead 5 -4 was a huge effort from the team. We had 3 very good chances in the 3 on 3 overtime and could easily have won, but fair play Vaxjo took their chance and snuck the win. The game itself was a great advert for CHL hockey...
  17. O

MKL v Devils - Sun 14 Oct - CC

You haven’t exactly made any positive comments - or otherwise - about the game yourself have you ? What’s your take on the result ? Anyway, just seen the result and glad of any road win, good to notice Murdy got a start. Don’t think Lord will be pleased to leak a couple of goals late on...
  18. O

Växjö Lakers Vs Devils - Tue 9 Oct - CHL

Interesting to note the lack of posters commenting on our latest venture into Europe, especially after such a good showing from our team. No doubt if we run short of tomato sauce or mustard for burgers at the rink we will get 4 pages of comments !
  19. O

3-1, Vaxjo score on pp. Great performance from Devils and had to endure some pretty typical European poor refereeing decisions. Vaxjo know they have been in a game tonight and will be very wary of us next week. Well done to the team and travelling fans.
  20. O

Another penalty against us and also against Vaxjo, coincidental 5 on 4 for Lakers for another minute. Louis now gets a 2 minute delay of game, poor call.