Search results

1. J

Dupont named head coach

Where’s your bloody evidence though sunshine?! :)
  2. J

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Reid McNeill is a player I hoped we were looking at a few years ago but he was always likely to go to a better league. He finally ended up In the EBEL. Obviously we’ve been linked with Ben Blood again but McNeill would be a good replacement for Mikkelson. Another player that played with Dupont...
  3. J

Dupont named head coach

Debating but with no evidence? Yep, that’s 99% of the posts on here pal!! It would be awfully quiet on here if we could only debate about things we know are 100% true…
  4. J

Dupont named head coach

Don’t you remember the song and dance about Skalde’s appointment?! Todd literally said they narrowed it down to two candidates but Skalde blew them away at interview stage. And regarding your first point I don’t get what you mean? As i said I’m pointing things out in hindsight. Look at the...
  5. J

Dupont named head coach

But that’s hindsight isn’t it. It sounded like Skalde blew them away in the interview and he had previous coaching experience in the AHL and ECHL so why wouldn’t they have gone for him? I only mentioned it had been 6 seasons since he coached in the ECHL because his appointment didn’t work out so...
  6. J

Dupont named head coach

It’s clearly a big task for Dupont isn’t it but I suppose all good coaches had to start somewhere. The players seem to like him and he’s motivated so that’s a good base to work from. A couple of things I would say about Skalde is you’re right he does have a lot of coaching experience but he...
  7. J

Dupont named head coach

Apologies if I’ve missed something but how are the club going down the same route with the same expectations? Do you think going from Skalde to Dupont is going down the same route, or are you alluding to something else?
  8. J

Who would you replace

Mikkelson and Dixon being the first two to lift the trophy after Richie was very telling. I think they’re both done
  9. J

Dupont named head coach

Yeah that’s him. Really good player for Sheffield and Bracknell back in the day and ended up player coach with Dundee before moving abroad. I know a few people were worried that he hasn’t coached in the UK for 10 years but at least he would be familiar with the league title being the main trophy...
  10. J

Dupont named head coach

I always had my fingers crossed for Dan Ceman. He’s good mates with Todd and he obviously knows the British game. I’ve since said though that I was impressed by DuPont’s interview and to be fair Todd gave him a few weeks to impress and we went and won the play offs, so he did everything that was...
  11. J

Dupont named head coach

The words 'dire season' would have been harsh even had we lost to Glasgow in the quarters..2013/14 was a dire season, 2021/22 wasn't dire. My biggest criticism about last season has always been that i thought we were frustrating to watch at times as we were easy to keep to the outside. As much...
  12. J

Who would you replace

If it turns out the only departing players are Carruth, Kozun, Mikkelson (Retired) Dixon (Retired) and Brandt then i will seriously question that decision. I think McNulty, McNally and Lammon will all leave. I'll be shocked if at least 2 out of those 3 don't move on.
  13. J

Who would you replace

What I ask myself is we know there are going to be 5 or 6 changes so if people want McNulty back who do they want gone then?! I know Carruth is going and Mikkelson is likely to retire but that still leaves 3 or 4. Dixon retiring isn’t a certainty by the sounds of it. Lammon, Mcnally and McNulty...
  14. J

Who would you replace

Of course you’re not going to have 6 highly paid D men but if Batch and Louis come back they will more than likely be the bottom pairing right? Then you’ll possibly have Register and Richie and then a replacement for Mikkelson alongside an offensive minded Dman. I’m sorry but if some fans...
  15. J

Who would you replace

I respect your opinion but to be honest I couldn’t disagree more about signing McNulty for next season. If the question is ‘Did McNulty do a solid job for us when he was fit?’ Then yes he did, I fully agree with that. But most mid season signings (particularly last season) are...
  16. J

Who would you replace

I think people need to look at the bigger picture with McNulty though. Yes he was solid for us but he had just been released by the second worst team in the league so expectations were extremely low. I was just hoping he could skate without falling over! Plus he was replacing O’Connor. That’s...
  17. J

Who would you replace

Yeah I’d be happy with Dixon on our third line. Lammon is replaceable though.
  18. J

Who would you replace

You know I’m on about Lammon right? Not Dixon.
  19. J

Who would you replace

He was playing well before his injury after a slow-ish start. Unfortunately we just didn’t see enough of him. If I’m being brutally honest though he’s a player we can upgrade on even if our budget isn’t big.
  20. J

Who would you replace

Really? That’s interesting. I’d have put money on it that he’s retiring.