Search results

1. august04 2.0

GB

Well I hope we've signed another goalie who is at least on a par with him. If Bowns is going to play in 90% of our games again, then I agree, it’s a massive backward step for us.
  2. august04 2.0

Dupont named head coach

So what? This is a forum, and we're all allowed to have different opinions.
  3. august04 2.0

Dupont named head coach

Not a surprising decision. I wasn’t a fan of his as a player but you can’t fault what he’s done on the coaching side since Skalde left. It’s obvious that the players like and respect him, so why not. Good luck to him and I like what he’s saying so far about signing a heavier team too. I think...
  4. august04 2.0

New 22/23 roster size

It’s a step in the right direction and allows 4 full forward lines and 6 D, but I think the regulations around injuries/de-registering players will be more telling, when they release that info. Interesting that the press release says a 20 player game day roster size which I have no problem with...
  5. august04 2.0

GB

GB playing very well at the end of the first. Bowns looking sharp.
  6. august04 2.0

Carruth on Two Ales Podcast

I’d be quite happy with a Bowns/Kozun goalie tandem and let them rotate the starts. I don’t want to see Bowns dominate that relationship though as I think Kozun suffered enough from that this past year. There’s not a great deal between them in my opinion. And of course it frees up that vital...
  7. august04 2.0

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Oh it is ludicrous. MacWilliam is 55 and retired 23 years ago! Martin is 33, has played in better leagues this past 2 years and would still be a match winner in the EIHL. At least you concede that he’s still a great player - which makes it even stranger that you wouldn’t want him back. And his...
  8. august04 2.0

Well you were questioning the return of Joey Martin. That's what people have replied to.
  9. august04 2.0

Nobody is talking about bringing Lords team back together. We're debating bringing back probably the best Devils player of the new era, a guy who is far from past it at just 33 and who has played at a much higher level for the past two years than the current Devils team. You bring up the...
  10. august04 2.0

You seem to be forgetting that the league is nowhere near what it used to be when Joey Martin last played here. And how do you know he’s not the same player? He’s only 33 still and as I mentioned in my previous post, he’s played at a much higher level this past 2 years than this years EIHL. If...
  11. august04 2.0

I just don’t get the negativity surrounding the potential re-signing of Joey Martin. The guy has been playing at a much higher standard than the EIHL this past two years, is still only 33 and would be head and shoulders above most players in the EIHL in terms of ability. First line? Why not? A...
  12. august04 2.0

Who we want and don’t want back for next season

Spot on, I don’t recall ever seeing MacWilliam hand Hoffman his arse. Hoffman was tough and game, and not afraid of taking MacWilliam on.
  13. august04 2.0

I think you’ve picked the wrong player completely to compare 70's rugby with the game today. If there was one player from that era that could still have been a star today, it would have been Gareth Edwards. The complete rugby player, a supreme athlete too let’s not forget, who would still have...
  14. august04 2.0

You could make an argument for Lindman being the best ever Devils D man, absolutely top class. I still can’t believe the original poster thinks the CCS line, with a couple of pros not long out of college hockey are comparable with the greatest forward line in Devils history and one of the best...
  15. august04 2.0

I don’t think so. But hey, if you think the 21/22 EIHL season was of a better standard than Superleague, which you’ve stated before too, then fill your boots! I suggest you look at other things than points scored though, which is meaningless when comparing eras.
  16. august04 2.0

Quite possibly, one of the most ludicrous comments I’ve ever seen on the Inferno! I like the CCS line but it’s miles off the black line, both individually and collectively.
  17. august04 2.0

I can’t imagine he’s got a deal already sorted with us for next year, if he’s off to Australia for the summer months. I would hope we'd expect a player with the injury record that McNally had last year to rest up for the Summer, if he’s signing with us next year. I suspect he’s on his way.
  18. august04 2.0

Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

They were one hell of a scoring combination, with a bit of nastiness thrown in there too, particularly Salmon. Our first real rivalry I suppose, some cracking games between the Devils and Telford back then. Conway was a decent player.
  19. august04 2.0

A new head coach to start with, plus 2 new netminders (hopefully a very good import plus Bowns (!)). Defence - keep: Register, Batch, Louis, Richardson. I would have kept Mikkelson too, but it sounds like he’s retiring. Forwards - keep: Reid, Crandall, Cox, Coughler, Waller, Duggan, Dixon...
  20. august04 2.0

Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

It was difficult to see on the TV, but was the arena really only half full?