Search results

1. D

Who would you replace

I personally would be very happy with a Bowns/Whistle duo, and close to 50/50 split in games. I think Whistle deserves to play a lot more games than he has done, as a Brit goalie of that quality he should be like gold dust. Only played 15 league games last year, would have been less if Besko...
  2. D

Dupont named head coach

Repeating with similar issues? What would they be? Dupont is on the complete other end of the spectrum to Skalde in almost every way. Still in Cardiff at the moment, I drove past him last week.
  3. D

Who would you replace

It's none of my business either. But at this level of hockey, these are very real reasons why players want to move on or retire. Its not just who do we want back. I apologise I might have waffled on a bit in that earlier post, but if you look at Faryna retiring at 29, McNamee retiring at 28...
  4. D

Who would you replace

There's so many factors that we don't know about that means players won't be back. Its not as simple as making a list of who to upgrade and then keeping all the rest. Brodie Reid for example just had his 3rd child, with a growing young family they might want to travel again. Crandall is getting...
  5. D

Who would you replace

There's going to be some guys though that are on the bottom of the salary list, and their job is to do what McNulty did last year. Just be solid. We can't just be going for the best players available, they've all got to fit in the puzzle. It's going to be 1 or 2 new d men to join, one to...
  6. D

Dupont named head coach

Fair enough, but I think with them having Besko in net over Shane Owen, obviously the top line they had this year, and then a player of Jordan Bouchers quality on their 3rd line shows how they strong they were. And I had to search on EP who they even had in 19-20, no one obviously worth...
  7. D

Dupont named head coach

Not really sure what you mean. I'm aware that winning is good for business, and that the top 4 teams will recruit sides that they think will win the league. I'm not suggesting for a second Belfast will sit back, but it's well known in sport that to win back to back is very difficult indeed, for...
  8. D

Dupont named head coach

I think it's fair to say the league as a whole dropped in standard, mainly due to the injuries, small rosters, and salary cap. But this years Belfast team was better than their 2019-2020 team, definitely.
  9. D

Dupont named head coach

I don't think the standard of the top 2 dropped from previous years. In fact I think that was the best Belfast side since the 13-14 season (in comparison with the standard of the league), when they won the league in February. But the season following that they ended up 5th. When they won it in...
  10. D

Dupont named head coach

That's not a certainty at all. After winning this year, Belfasts players will be in high demand, plenty of them are good enough for better deals in Europe. The ones that want to stay will want more money. Their recruitment clicked this year but what's to say it will next year? Thats why it's...
  11. D

Dupont named head coach

Consistency not quality was the issue last year. That's why for the big games we were good, 4-2 wins against Belfast in the league and an even series against Sheffield if I remember rightly. And a one off final win v Belfast and a semi final demolition of Sheffield. That to me speaks of the...
  12. D

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Now Dupont has been confirmed, here's some players he has played with that could be a good fit. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/18618/scott-timmins - NHL and AHL experience. Maybe not for the top line but a possible replacement for Lammon or Dixon if he retires. If he's gone to play in...
  13. D

New 22/23 roster size

Why? It's good isn't it? It's a step in the right direction. One extra skater but the import level stays at 14. Perfect for a Bowns or Myers return possibly.
  14. D

Dupont named head coach

Happy with this. What I was concerned about when Skalde left was another rebuilding season with a new coach, which would have been another gamble that could have gone either way. I'm glad TK referenced that in his interview, we will now have 14/15 guys that know the coach, more importantly likes...
  15. D

5 coaches needed

Assistant to Dupont ;)
  16. D

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

If all of that is true, I'd be slightly concerned that the motivation for the move would be for reasons outside of hockey, and not to play for the Devils. There's plenty of players out there who would love to play for us. I'm sure he would do a great job on the ice but it would be niggling in...
  17. D

5 coaches needed

When did he ever say this?
  18. D

Carruth on Two Ales Podcast

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/14833/danny-taylor Danny Taylor has been rumoured a few times to come to the UK. Don't know if there's anything more to it than his place of birth, but even at this stage in his career I reckon he would be the best in the league. And he's confirmed to not...
  19. D

Yeah exactly. A great goalie at this level but if he effects his teammates around him negatively then it's not worth it. There are plenty of goalies out there that would be of similar quality that may not come with that baggage. And as you said Bownsy seems to be well liked whoever he plays for...
  20. D

If we do go down the import back up route again, I'd be more than happy with Kozun back. He started the season extremely well, I think he had 11 wins out of 12 league games? A better record than Carruth at the time. He then seemed to have one bad game and then lost confidence a little. A tough...