Search results

1. M

Dupont named head coach

As I've said elsewhere on the thread, I thought that Corey neilson ticked all of the boxes, but also agree with jenks that Dan ceman would have been good for us. That is all irrelevant now though. I will judge Dupont on performance. By that I mean not if here's won a few early season games. He...
  2. M

GB

It does get rather tiresome when people give out with this "I know something you don't" crap. Congratulations, you know someone who knows something. Have a gold star.
  3. M

GB

What I find astonishing is that there are still players on the team who will make low percentage, high risk passes again and again. This team really misses Ritchie. They're still short of ideas getting through the neutral zone. We have to play better than dump and watch, or stretch passes.
  4. M

GB

Bowns was completely at fault in the first. Terrible rebound control.
  5. M

GB

You'd think they'd be shortening the bench It's not just the tactical issues, it's the continued selection of his favourites who prove time and time again that they're liabilities.
  6. M

GB

Utterly pathetic. This team has no idea of game management. Honestly I think GB needs a change of coaching to get them to a level to maintain a position in the top group.
  7. M

GB

Well that looked a clean check to me.
  8. M

GB

Him and BOC are such fekkin liabities. Utterly useless.
  9. M

GB

Bad rebound control by bowns on the first Latvian goal. GB need to stay disciplined in the third. This is doable though. I don't think that the Latvians address as good as Norway. Interesting on Twitter how little respect GB is given.
  10. M

GB

There was no kicking motion, do it was fine. There was movement to his foot, but that was consistent with stopping.
  11. M

GB

It's not difficult to say what expectations should be getting this afternoon's match. GB need to win it to have a chance to finish above Austria. To be honest though, given the lack of scoring and creativity in the team, I just don't see it happening.
  12. M

Who would you replace

This is a very valid point. You don't take all face offs in the same way. In some cases it might need possible to get the fast draw to where you want, but in other cases it becomes about the tie up, or forcing your opponent to draw to to where you want. An example of this would be if you could...
  13. M

Dupont named head coach

The thing that was evident with Skalde was that in certain situations he was far more effective than lord was. For instance when we pulled the goalie for an extra attacker, we actually got goals back. Lord was far less effective in those set plays. I think that tactically skalde was very...
  14. M

Dupont named head coach

Neither does it follow that someone new will have the success that lord did. Nothing in sport is guaranteed, I suppose that's the point. In the case of skalde, I don't think that he knew what he was getting into. The format, the culture, officiating, expectations - all of these things would...
  15. M

Dupont named head coach

I have no idea what that means.
  16. M

GB

Yeah, particularly as it'd mean Pete russell would give BOC more minutes.
  17. M

GB

Decent performance by GB. Murphy goes on about GB being unlucky with Finnish goals deflecting in off defenders, but a team makes that sort of luck. I wouldn't be surprised if the finns played for that, in the same way a good forward will bank shots off a goalie. Latvia won't be as tough, but GB...
  18. M

Dupont named head coach

I agree with the idea that play off success papered over the cracks. There are fundamental flaws in some areas of the team. Fixing those will be DuPont's first challenge.
  19. M

GB

To be fair, I think we'll do better against Latvia, but Austria is the real must win. That is doable provided we cut out the stupid stuff. I wish I knew where the goals are coming from though.
  20. M

GB

Sorry. It gets confusing with comments on the thread, rather than direct replies.