Search results

1. R

Dupont named head coach

Damn it! Thought i was being really clever there too.... Dolly Parton - 9 to 5 Lionel Richie - All night long
  2. R

Dupont named head coach

There's starting to become grounds for deliberate trolling now. Your consistent use of 'we' in reference to the Devils and it's fanbase, despite earlier admission that you're not actually a fan, could be considered to be baiting, which is against forum rules I believe.
  3. R

Dupont named head coach

In other words, Todd's statement does match the action.... Anyway, from what I heard, Skalde was more of a Dolly Parton coach, whilst Dupont is more of a Lionel Richie.
  4. R

Dupont named head coach

How?
  5. R

Dupont named head coach

All depends on what went down... Todd said that if you don't feel you're going to work together in the future, then why work another day with someone. That's not a suggestion that the season was dire.
  6. R

New 22/23 roster size

Riley Brandt becomes a signing that we can definitely fit in now.
  7. R

Dupont named head coach

This is great news. Really excited about what Dupont can do - he's cut from the same cloth as Lord (works all hours, uses video analysis, cares) which is exactly what we need after Skalde.
  8. R

GB

I think they’re a team from Merseyside who play in the Premier League…
  9. R

Panthers on the up.

whilst I agree to an extent, it’s highly rumoured that Corey Neilson is Pacha’s number one choice to be coach. I can’t decide whether that dynamic will make them a powerhouse or stunt their progression towards realising their undoubted potential.
  10. R

5 coaches needed

Perhaps Skalde made out that he was up for the passion, up for the task, but actually underestimated what it took… it’s a completely different environment to coaching in the US. But of course, you’ll take every shot you can at Todd, Lord and the owners as you’re not a Devils fan. I’m beginning...
  11. R

5 coaches needed

It doesn’t translate into success ? So is he the most successful Devils coach of all time or not? Maybe Skalde would have seen out the season and beyond if he’d maybe taken a leaf out of Lord’s book…. Ex-NHL or not. The British game is different whether you like it or not. Perhaps he should...
  12. R

5 coaches needed

I agree with that. I suppose it comes down to what they've seen / like of Dupont in his role as assistant and then as head coach. I don't think his passion or committment can be questioned and perhaps his meticulous planning and video work leans more towards the way that Lord worked, and we...
  13. R

New Devils Documentary

This was really good. Well done.
  14. R

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Still got 57 points the second time around but was clearly not the same player. Not sure about real Mark Smith either. The defencemen went through a brick wall for his teammates every night and I stand by the opinion that had he not got injured for the Steelers game (Mark Thomas scored the...
  15. R

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

I have respect for each of the different opinions and I do understand the trepidation around Joey M… Mark Smith (forward) was a good example of a player who came back that wasn’t as good second time round. But Joey’s attitude and work ethic is on a different level and I’d take a friendly wager...
  16. R

Carruth on Two Ales Podcast

McNally was the rumour... Not sure I buy that. Allegedly Carruth and the other player couldn’t stand to be in the same room, that’s always going to create awkwardness for the rest of the team.
  17. R

Who we want and don’t want back for next season

What I'd give for a Mike MacWilliam on next season's roster. Tough as nails and could play. Fought for the right reasons too, he was lethal when that red mist came down.
  18. R

Isn’t it nice to have some civilised debate on here without the need to resort to pettiness and name calling. Thank you! Really enjoying the trip down memory lane.
  19. R

That’s fair. The reason I suggest that 0.5 is a gulf is due to the playing style. Hodge, Thornton and Matulik scored well in an era before clutch and grab was removed. They had to battle for every inch of space they could muster, whilst being grabbed/hooked etc. Nowadays you just have to be...