Search results

1. kettdevil1

DeLuca

I think you are on very shaky ground if you punish a team for an individual's mistake. In relays you have four defined people but in hockey where do you stop..... the 19 squad players, the manager, a player who was released early in the season? I think all you can do is punish the player. I...
  2. kettdevil1

Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

I know it has been patchy in application but when you are asked for it at English rinks where the measures are generally less severe, it makes no sense at all that it is not a requirement in Wales....
  3. kettdevil1

Panthers sign

Interesting signing - USports have thrown us a few good ones in the last few years but it does seem a bit more 'hit and miss' than some leagues. His stats are solid but..... looks like a depth player at first glance
  4. kettdevil1

Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

I think the most likely outcome is a vaccine passport will be required but closures of any venue are incredibly damaging and also (given the 'party'), politically disastrous
  5. kettdevil1

EIHL Last Man Standing - v4 | Current Champion - Pondlife

I will take a different approach - Fife to beat Manchester on Sunday
  6. kettdevil1

Mask wearing/drunks in your block at IAW

I like the idea of a dry area - cricket has always had this issue and most grounds have now got stands which are designated as no alcohol. It works well and provides choice
  7. kettdevil1

Flames Vs Devils - League - 5th Dec 21

That’s NHL network level analysis :) As I say, we all are seeing the game differently and your view of the game so far is one perspective ….
  8. kettdevil1

Hmmm actually I disagree. Flames had offered nothing other than powder puff shots up to that moment. I would have suggested Devils were the more likely but…. I guess we all see the game differently
  9. kettdevil1

Some interesting comments…. VERY defensive game where both teams are playing high quality D but struggling to break down the opposition. The goal was the one moment of quality and the worry is that it will give Flames the belief that their high tempo, aggressive forechecking can be sustained. I...
  10. kettdevil1

Neither side has had much in the way of quality. Dupont has had the best opportunity but even that was a half chance. I would call it even
  11. kettdevil1

Exciting and VERY niggly game ….. Carruth offered out the Flames NM during one of the mass scrums that have dominated the game. Two teams on the edge tonight, both look very frustrated and this has the potential to explode
  12. kettdevil1

Simmsey stirring the pot ! On 2 ales and hockey tales

To be fair, that's pretty accurate
  13. kettdevil1

Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th Nov 2021

You know that if the season is curtailed, Belfast will claim they are champions....
  14. kettdevil1

Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th Nov 2021

Exactly - before the season I thought Belfast-Sheff-Cardiff was the most likely order but now..... I don't know. On paper Belfast look very strong indeed but they can't seem to finish teams off in a consistent manner. The interview with Keefe last night was fascinating - he seemed as angry as I...
  15. kettdevil1

Blaze Vs Devils - League - 28th Nov 2021

They must have opened a vent …. It’s freezing!! Just been down to look at the ice, it looks awful, not surprised given the number of pucks going astray. Surprised by some comments, the first period was not a thriller but the second, whilst not high on quality, was rather good fun I thought
  16. kettdevil1

DeLuca

Indeed. Interestingly nor is tramadol which has all sorts of issues associated with it. It is a minefield trying to negotiate the banned list but the law of strict liability remains in place so every athlete is responsible for what they put in their body so…. Whatever the substance, if the...
  17. kettdevil1

DeLuca

Yep, exactly. Some of the comments on Twitter are both distasteful and also potentially libellous. We don’t know the substance so until more details are released then I think we need to be careful. The league and Sheffield have done the right thing in suspending him (presumably before his second...
  18. kettdevil1

Connolly out.

The interesting one is Kevin Carr at Nottingham whose stats are average at best but we can't seem to solve at all (although to be fair I think it's the whole Panthers team that we struggle against). I have seen him a few times against other teams and thought he was poor but he does seem to be...
  19. kettdevil1

Connolly out.

Agreed. Carruth, for me, positionally is the best in the league, Motte the best shotstopper and best at challenging the forward. I do wonder about Brust, he clearly has been very good in the past but he has been shambolic each time I have seen him this season - at first I thought he was just...
  20. kettdevil1

Connolly out.

It's interesting because that is what I would have said before I looked at the stats - Rok is at the top and whilst I suspect some of it is down to solid D all round, it is clear that he is not as bad an NM as he has appeared when facing us. Brust on the other hand I just don't get.