Search results

1. K

Elite Series

Surprised at the negativity in this thread - it’s a positive step forward for the game we all love. I’m hoping it’s a good tournament and sets us up for a 2021-2022 season.
  2. K

Wish list

1. Rick Fera - Fife plus others. 2. Brent Sapergia - Solihull. 3. Dan Dorian - Nottingham. 4. Tony Hand - Murrayfield & Sheffield. 5. Shawn Byram - Ayr Scottish Eagles. 6. Scott Young - Ayr Scottish Eagles. 7. Neal Martin - Coventry Blaze. 8. Ed Courtenay - Sheffield and others. 9. Theo Fluery -...
  3. K

Jersey Identification Assistance

STOLEN: Large reward offered for safe return. Some blighter has stolen my silk red, green and white curtains from my washing line. Pegged them out 6am this morning and they’ve gone!
  4. K

If we get a season 21/22

6 imports, returning 5 brits plus 5-6 new from NIHL/abroad. There are a lot out there. It wouldn’t be 4 lines obviously. Don’t forget, if Cardiff, Sheffield, Nottnm and Belfast can afford a large number of imports but Dundee, Manchester and Fife can only afford a small number then for an...
  5. K

If we get a season 21/22

The Gantry (at full capacity) holds 19,000 so we should be fine to fill up with 3,088 :-)
  6. K

If we get a season 21/22

I think your assuming 100% attendance for an Elite League squad per the past few seasons, ie 13-14 imports. I can see that figure being dramatically reduced to get a season going if we’re not going to run at full capacity.
  7. K

If we get a season 21/22

A little bit of clarity today from Boris, but obviously dependent on how things pan out over time :- Step three will happen no earlier than 17 May Outdoors most social contact rules lifted, up to limit of 30 people Mixing indoors allowed for two households, but rule-of-six for indoor...
  8. K

If we get a season 21/22

One further consideration .... it’s possible we may be operating under a smaller budget when we restart. We’ve already lost our headline sponsor with no replacement yet announced. It’s also possible some of the secondary sponsors might have struggled throughout Covid so no guarantees they’ll...
  9. K

celebrity/famous Devils fans

Kevin Keegan’s daughter. :-)
  10. K

If we get a season 21/22

Sept/Oct is a long time away. The entire population will be vaccinated by then so I’m looking positively at next season. Cases will also reduce in the summer so we could be in a good position come the autumn. I can also see advances in rapid testing with times being reduced to minutes. That...
  11. K

Todd’s been slacking again :-)
  12. K

Now, if your also including Super High Profile VIP’s that have had the luxury of observing the game from the mirror imaged hospitality box up in the gantry, we’ve also had:- Barrack and Michelle Obama Angela Merkel (she flies in for the CHL) The Pope (loves the Challenge Cup) Nicola Sturgeon...
  13. K

Nicky Piper ex boxer.
  14. K

If we get a season 21/22

Classic Mazzoak - in every Silver Lining there is a (very black) cloud! 2024 for the rest of the world! Where do you think we’ll be shopping for Imports - The darkest corner of Bangladesh or Outer Mongolia ? Most ‘modern’ nations will be done a lot time before that!
  15. K

If we get a season 21/22

Somewhat worryingly, if this AstraZeneca jab is found to offer little protection against the SA variant and that becomes dominant in the U.K. then I don’t see anyone coming back! It’s not looking too promising at the moment, but further analysis due shortly:-...
  16. K

If we get a season 21/22

I guess it’s upto Sklade and the direction he wishes to go in - I’d like to see a slightly younger team if I’m honest. We do seem to try and eek out the playing time of a few players when it’s debatable whether they should have already gone.
  17. K

Lord wins

If we’d had an o/t loss v blaze in the final game of the season before last we’d have won the league! Food for thought!
  18. K

Season Over ?

I think it’s safe to say that none of them have a clue! Nobody can predict an exact date when things might return to normal - many have tried and had a substantial amount of egg splattered all over their faces - from established and well known politicians down to our long lost friend DevilsATW !!!!
  19. K

NHL to start in January ....

I said to Marjorie last night that Doris embroidery is coming along lovely and she's so talented for a 97 year old. Cross-stitching at her age - I mean with her eyesight is a wonderful achievement. Old Arther mentioned his marrow's are growing lovely down on the allotment and Dierdrie's eyes...
  20. K

Season Over ?

Exactly! Was wondering when the first comment would come :-)