Search results

1. davew

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug 19 - CHL

The offside with Linglet's GWG is a difficult one, before the puck was passed to linglet on their blue line there appeared to be some sort of altercation at the benches, it was during this that Lordo was gesticulating and basically yelling to get the puck to Linglet. I do wonder if the players...
  2. davew

R.I.P

Great memories of "that" Bownsy wave, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
  3. davew

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug 19 - Preseason

A lack lustre performance from the officials tonight...
  4. davew

Steelers webcast

I'd rather a free radio broadcast than pay more than a fiver. Even better would be to be able to have Match Night Live return - that's one very valuable service to fans and families alike, and very much missed.
  5. davew

TAZ 2.0

When I saw “it” yesterday I thought we had a red chicken.....the Comb on the head ....and as for the tail. Looks like it has got too excited! Better to have retired taz and create a new character than to make a target for ridicule .
  6. davew

Devils Vs Steelers - 3 Mar 19 - League

There is a swimming gala on, the pool car park is very full. Be prepared.
  7. davew

Belfast in CHL

The paragraph about "the island of ireland" could be seen as a reference to "brexit" after all NI will have access to EU countries even if the rest of us don't thanks to the good friday agreement. Either way it is definitely good for UK hockey to have 2 teams in the competition - as long as...
  8. davew

POFW tickets 10am THIS sunday? - Poll

Sheffield and Nottingham have the largest allocation because of their proximity to the arena - but by filling their allocation first, the arena make it difficult to jiggle the other teams allocations in the case of a lesser team performing well during the season. One answer that the board...
  9. davew

Devils Vs Storm - 05 Jan 19 - League

Swimming gala on at the pool, car parking is a nightmare!!!
  10. davew

Like a library

That was (our now retired lino) Sam Motton when he was much younger!
  11. davew

Craig Moore departs

I'm absolutely gutted, Craig seemed a perfect fit for the devils, and after having to sit out injured last year I felt sure he would shine this year. He (like most of the team) had a great CHL campaign. I presumed, as with some of the other guys on reduced shifts or games that he had been...
  12. davew

Scott Matzka has sadly passed

Sad news, a great guy and a Devil to the end.
  13. davew

Lack of atmosphere

I find watching players who can skate, stick handle and who generally have good game vision far more exciting than games in which you may see a few hits thrown but players lose puck possession and struggle to dominate on the bigger ice. A physical game suited the smaller ice pads of the WNIR...
  14. davew

Devils Vs Flames - Sat 27 Oct - CC

A good Guildford team who took advantage of a very poorly playing devils team. When we decided we could play we left it too late to really matter, thankfully only a CC group game but a worrying result all the same.
  15. davew

4pm Faceoff ...

like when sky covered the ISL...let alone moving seating to get the best camera angles.
  16. davew

4pm Faceoff ...

Agreed It is also worth mentioning that hockey has always been a sport played around the world mainly as an evening sport. The NHL, because of their travel schedules (flights and different time zones) do have afternoon games occasionally, but these generally are 1 or 2pm face-off times. I...
  17. davew

Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

Well that was some comeback. At 3 nil down i was thinking lord should give murdy some time in the net...we then score and i thought at least we arent going to be shutout at home....then its 3-3 and we are back in with a shout... Pity we couldnt hold onto the lead, but with so much time on pk we...
  18. davew

Isle of Wight - Save our Rink Campaign

Report on yesterday's protest: Island Echo Article
  19. davew

Isle of Wight - Save our Rink Campaign

It is two years since Ryde Arena was controversially shut. The campaign to re-open their rink continues with a link hands round the rink event on Sat 6th October. This is a home game day for us so unless anyone will already be in the IOW area, it is unlikely that any Devils' fans will be able to...
  20. davew

Happy Birthday Us

A very "happy birthday" to all at The Inferno!