Search results

1. august04

Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Totally agree. While the Viola Arena is modern, comfortable, clean etc - it will never hold a candle to the atmosphere that could be generated in the WNIR. We sometimes look back with rose tinted specs (and lack of investment meant it was run down by the end) but at times it was insane in there...
  2. august04

Upcoming season thoughts

And also announced that planned pilot trials of fans at events are being postponed, which is not good for the prospects of an EIHL season, even if delayed until December. Given what we’re seeing in Europe now with increases again in Spain, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg etc., there’s no way that...
  3. august04

Upcoming season thoughts

I think Covid was with us for many months before we went into lockdown. Prof Chris Whitty said last week that the virus was probably already in retreat before lockdown even started!
  4. august04

Ackered

I always enjoyed watching Ackered play, hope we see him again in the EIHL. He wasn’t so effective against us last season I didn’t think, we seemed to get in his face much more and play him way more aggressively than in the previous year when I thought he caused us a lot of problems. A good...
  5. august04

The future of the Elite League and its teams

First Covid case in the U.K. was confirmed on Jan 29th, so it was certainly in circulation in early March.
  6. august04

I didn’t feel safe at the Challenge Cup Final, but still went! With the benefit of hindsight, I still can’t believe that game went ahead with 1500 fans coming to Wales from Sheffield. The virus must have been rampant at that time.
  7. august04

If you base that argument on say the Spanish flu epidemic, then without a vaccine back then, it would have been prevalent for years and years and years (it stopped after a second wave). The whole point of a virus is to survive - by infecting. If it can’t survive, it mutates - and the mutation is...
  8. august04

And a wider reopening of indoor performances, sports stadia - with fans - from the autumn (October), subject to successful pilot trials (and the virus situation not getting worse of course). Still some hope for a December start I would say. In England anyway - God knows when Drakeford will get...
  9. august04

Speculation too that good news is coming tomorrow from the Oxford vaccine team.....according to certain journalists today anyway.
  10. august04

It’s hardly new knowledge that it attacks other vital organs. People with severe Covid-19 have been hit with kidney failure, liver failure, heart damage etc., as well as lung damage and respiratory problems. And the government must have acknowledged this as they’ve just set up the Covid 19...
  11. august04

That’s a sensible decision.....let’s just hope we can get started then. I wonder if the CHL will be announcing a further delay?
  12. august04

It’s a great idea and perfect to get some countries up and running and out of this mess. But if we consider the U.K. and football alone, it would need weekly (?) testing of some hundreds of thousands of fans without symptoms, to try to get this health passport and allow attendance at matches...
  13. august04

Unfortunately the health passport idea would require mass testing for people without symptoms. That’s not going to happen anytime soon over here (!) and I’m pretty sure wouldn’t be funded by our NHS.
  14. august04

The key word you’ve used is “if” - nobody really knows whether there’s going to be a second wave come the winter. Quite possible but not guaranteed. Or whether we may have a functioning vaccine by then - unlikely, but possible. I’m pretty sure more treatments will be available then if the second...
  15. august04

I hope we delay until the very last moment possible, rather than just write the league off next season in the next few weeks. The NHL are likely to delay starting next season until December, which will mean next year finishes later than usual. So if they can, why can’t the rest follow? I’m sure...
  16. august04

You can argue the toss on what is and isn’t included (for example, hospital deaths in the daily numbers contain those who tested positive or those where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate), that‘s not going to change anything. The numbers are horrendous and no one can deny that and the...
  17. august04

How can you claim they haven’t been then?!
  18. august04

I believe deaths in all settings, including care homes, have been included in the daily numbers since 29th April, haven’t they?
  19. august04

And a population of about 60 million less people than the U.K. Hardly a fair comparison. It’s widely accepted that London was the first area to be hit here, as you’d expect given it’s the capital city and they have the busiest UK airports. The virus would have been spread far and wide in the...
  20. august04

Yes today- No tomorrow

City v Fulham would have sent anyone to sleep!