Search results

1. K

Upcoming season thoughts

Perhaps we could use that for our Champions to train on - Pointless the Giants looking at it with ZERO players confirmed for next season! :-) Would be a good opportunity for the Giants Fans to do some autograph hunting.
  2. K

Upcoming season thoughts

I'm amazed that Pubs and Restaurants can open indoors but Ice Rinks are still closed. Surely, an Ice Rink is a far easier environment to make Covid Secure (I hate that term) than a Pub or Restaurant. For example, Public Skating - have scheduled sessions covering a 2 hour period and a person...
  3. K

Upcoming season thoughts

Typical Government quote - ambiguous, wishy washy and meaningless. Think I'll use that when I next try to re-mortgage ..... Hey Nationwide, happy to accept your Mortgage offer, but I don't want it to be a burden - ok ! :)
  4. K

Upcoming season thoughts

Problem with a disclaimer - that's ok for individuals willing to take the risk, but if many do and the virus inadvertently spreads then that harms the wider community (including those that wouldn't take the risk). Would be surprised if the Government entertained this as a possibility.
  5. K

Clan make 3 signings and Perlini leaves Panthers ....

Clan pick up 3 Ex-Usports players from University of Ottawa (following in Dundee’s footsteps). Perlini signs in the Alps hockey league. Good to see Clan making plans, however recruiting at USports/NCAA level looks like their budget has been reduced. Very quiet in Nottingham!
  6. K

Upcoming season thoughts

I think the EIHL need to be fair to the imports that are committing themselves to British teams - if there is going to be no season, let them know ASAP as then at least they’ll have the option of plying their trade elsewhere and would maybe look to return next season via some sort of contract...
  7. K

Blaze re-sign

Arguably the best signing off the off season so far.
  8. K

Upcoming season thoughts

The World Health Organisation could do worse than attempt to instigate a co-ordinated worldwide 3 week lock-down. Presently with countries at different stages of re-opening it’s a ticking time bomb awaiting further waves.
  9. K

Signing announcement

Ah, I can’t see many Devils fans hurling Verbal abuse at him (in public) if it happened. That would be Unacceptable - maybe online, but I can’t see that behaviour happening in the rink.
  10. K

Signing announcement

Stranger things have happened - Mourinho from Chelsea to Man Utd, Benitez from Liverpool to Chelsea, Lawless from Cardiff to Manchester ..... ironic that none of those worked out!
  11. K

Signing announcement

I’m hearing a strong rumour it’s Thommo on a 1 year deal with a younger Canadian assistant coach under his wing. After season 1 its envisaged the Canadian guy will then take over. Kind of makes sense under current circumstances.
  12. K

New Coach.....

I saw Paul Thompson in Penarth Tesco’s earlier today! Just saying. Don’t shoot the messenger. Would we ? Could we ? Better the Devil you know ? One season and see how it goes ?
  13. K

Upcoming season thoughts

Working on the same 5% capacity that equates to 150 fans in the Viola. Major loss maker.
  14. K

Sam Herr ...

NOT resigning for Panthers! Watch this space!
  15. K

Ackered

Not sure if it’s that big a gap - his point production (for an offensive D man) has declined Year on year since his first season (when he was excellent). 27 points from 47 games last season isn’t that stellar.
  16. K

The future of the Elite League and its teams

I was at the CC Final and I reckon it was definitely around then - the bloke sitting next to looked really ill - his skin looked awful, it was all orange!
  17. K

Question for all : Hands up who would feel safe, secure and relaxed in a packed Viola Arena (in wintertime) whilst the virus is still circulating and a vaccine has not been found ? My associated point being that allthough clubs need fans in attendance (as confirmed by Todd), how many will...
  18. K

Government incompetence yet again:- https://www.icehockeyuk.co.uk/2020/07/16/joint-statement-regarding-re-opening-of-ice-rinks/ Pathetic, useless and amateurish at best! If they can’t get this right then god help us.
  19. K

Not good news for the Blaze ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53436051
  20. K

Hats off to all the scientists frantically working on a vaccine. With the technology we have today there is a good chance of success. I’d hate to think what would have happened had this occurred 20-30 years ago.