Search results

1. J

Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

Always get a bit emotional when I watch a flashback match at the wales national ice rink. I loved that place. Wasn’t the prettiest or the biggest rink but I’ve got so many good memories of that place and what a fantastic location.
  2. J

Signing announcement

I’ll be very disappointed and shocked if it’s Thompson. Todd and Steve have spent enough time on twitter and the inferno to see how the fan base feel about Paul Thompson. I’m not sure why they would want to jeopardise their good relationship with the fan base with a very risky appointment. As...
  3. J

Reddick signs with Atlanta Gladiators

I agree with most of this but in my opinion it didn't look like he was brought in as a No 6/7 Dman that can also play on the 4th line. He was given so much responsibility in the first half of his first season. I think Lordo saw him as a diamond in the rough that wouldn't cost much but that could...
  4. J

Reddick signs with Atlanta Gladiators

Mixed emotions for me this one. I can’t fault Reddick’s work rate and effort during his time with devils and he’s a great bloke off the ice. In my opinion though I think it’s the right move for both parties. I think we’ve all got one or two ex Devils players that we struggled to warm to on the...
  5. J

Sam J

Very pleased. Second half of last season I think Jardine proved he can play in a better league.
  6. J

Rumour mill

What I mean by “the other 3 are kids” is it’s not fair to judge them as they’re still learning their trade. The 10 I’ve judged are more experienced players
  7. J

Rumour mill

I think it’s 13 they’ve announced today if you include Shudra on his 2 way deal and Alex Graham. I might be wrong though. If I was a Sheffield fan I’d be happy with Vallerand, Eberle, De Luca, Connolly, Troncinsky and Dowd. Personally I think Johnson, Bettauer and Armstrong are ‘Meh’...
  8. J

Rumour mill

To be honest I’d take Eberle over Marjamaki. Masi improved but overall I was underwhelmed. Eberle turns up every night and puts up good numbers. I think he was leading the league plus minus stats around Christmas time. He’s a great player and he’s young and hungry.
  9. J

Rumour mill

No surprises so far with their signings. In my opinion Eberle is their best signing of the lot. Personally I wouldn’t want Vallerand, Connolly or De Luca in Cardiff but I’d take Eberle in a heartbeat. If you look at all the players in the league that play that Faryna style of game Eberle is by...
  10. J

Rumour mill

Definitely Ben Davies. I dont think O’Connor is anywhere near the level he used to be. He’s still a good British D man but he was a liability for Sheffield last year defensively. I’ve said it before I think Ben Davies is underrated. He skates like an import and his work ethic is infectious...
  11. J

Rumour mill

Is that the Steelers 1991 post on twitter? I won’t say too much just in case the unthinkable happens but it looks like he’s just throwing a guess out there. He says he’s not saying it’s happening, he finds it hard to believe and his sources haven’t mentioned anything. Surely it’s rubbish
  12. J

New Coach.....

I wonder if we could tempt Gordie Dwyer over here. Obviously got to know the organisation when Zagreb spent the weekend here a few years ago. Coached Zagreb and Minsk in the KHL but spent last season coaching in the QMJHL and Canada u16’s. At 42 and having coached in the KHL I’m sure he’s...
  13. J

New Coach.....

Hell of a quote when you support a side that has won one league title in 65 years or whatever it is. When we’ve had a rink to play in we’ve been very succesful (90’s and the last 5 years) playing in a wigwam and having no money was our problem! Nottingham have had no excuses.
  14. J

New Coach.....

I can see it being somebody that Lord knows and somebody with coaching experience. Todd said yesterday that Lord will be helping with the new appointment. I can’t see it being a Morissette or a Linglet. I appreciate Lord didn’t have any coaching experience when he was appointed but we were...
  15. J

Andrew Lord

Good move for him. The rumours about him going to wheeling as an assistant coach just didn’t seem right. I could obviously see him going to the AHL as an assistant but I just didn’t seem him leaving us to be an assistant in the coast. I’m sure he will try his best to help the devils with our...
  16. J

Rumour mill

Mixed emotions. Sadness that Lordo is moving on but also excitement and apprehension. It will be interesting to see who takes over, I genuinely think we’ll have some very good candidates interested in this job. I trust the owners and todd to make the right appointment but there’s always a bit...
  17. J

Rumour mill

I thought he would leave for a head coach role in a better league in Europe, A head coach role in the ECHL or an assistant role in the AHL.
  18. J

Rumour mill

That’s my thinking. I suppose there are positives - closer to home, more of a shop window for opportunities in the AHL, played for wheeling so knows the organisation. It just seems like an underwhelming role to leave for. Always thought he would leave for another head coach role in a better league
  19. J

Rumour mill

He must be off to wheeling as assistant. That announcement on wheelings twitter page looks like too much of a coincidence. If so I’m a little disappointed that he’s leaving for that role. I always assumed he would leave for another head coach role. We’ll see though
  20. J

=== BREAKING NEWS === : OFFICIAL Lord Gone ....

Confirmation that Lord is going is my hunch.