Search results

1. Ffil06

Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

We started the same last Saturday v squealers. The shots on goal do not reflect the shots AT GOAL. These chances are golden and our forwards are not converting. I can ssee the point that they are going top shelf but more of a chance rebound if the shot is on goal. With our inability to build...
  2. Ffil06

CC. SEMI

I await the obligatory "Its not fair I cant get tickets for the final" post when we sweep aside the panties.
  3. Ffil06

The Other Great Reds Liverpool

Other great reds Stalin, Bayern Munich, Wales Rugby, Frolunder Indians, Mountfield. (oh sorry forget the last 3 as they are connected to Ice Hockey & the Country we live in. Must be on wrong forum.
  4. Ffil06

Play Off Finals Weekend

Lucky for me I have someone who can q for me. However i do feel that some of the allocation SHOULD be made available to those who will only be able to telephone to book tickets. Granted when they gone they gone but at least they have some chance of getting tickets. Alternative thinking could be...
  5. Ffil06

Riley called up to Spengler Cup

Not a Dickie Bird about this on EIHL website. You would think they would want to shout this from roof tops.
  6. Ffil06

Best Devils Fighter...?

Mike MacWilliam. The original and for me only #24
  7. Ffil06

Songs and Chants suggestions thread

whilst the performance on the ice was poor last night. Was surprised how quiet block 13 went for the last 10 minutes. The silence reverberated around the Viola.
  8. Ffil06

Challenge Cup Qtr Finals

Cup and league games should be kept separate. Tactics are completely different especially when 2 legs are involved. Happen'd twice i seem to remember in the tent against Blaze. Got to the stage where 2 points for league were in jeopardy or push for a place in next round of Cup. Mind you that...
  9. Ffil06

EIHL Highlights on Freesports

having watched more webcasts over the last 3 years I have to say Stars, Storm, Steelers, Blaze commentary are all very good and call the game as they see it. If their team is performing poorly or Devils are dominating (not as often this season) then it is mentioned, to their credit. The shear...
  10. Ffil06

Clan Vs Devils - 13 Nov 19 - League

I understood exactly what you meant re the officials at the moment. Big calls are going unpunished while small poxy calls are getting 2min. This is leading to frustration with players. These are calls for both teams as well. I was shown a clip of Benti on his knees facing away from the clan...
  11. Ffil06

Devils v Blaze - Challenge Cup 30/10

I'm sure on EIHL website it said the picked Storm. If that's the case the please ignore my post. Dhoo.
  12. Ffil06

Player watch .....

I was one of those who was keen to see him in a Devils shirt. His CV with Lakers was impressive, as was his performance against us in 2 CHL campaigns. But as it has been pointed out , not doing so well in EIHL.
  13. Ffil06

Devils v Blaze - Challenge Cup 30/10

Poor 1st period. Far better 2nd & 3rd. The way we are defending at the moment I will take the win and qualification to the quarter's. Talking of which, (may need new thread) Dundee have already picked Storm as opponents when it is still possible that they will not progress to next stage. I...
  14. Ffil06

Devils v Flames

next 3 games are CC. Even if we finish bottom we still can go through by playing and beating the bottom team in the other 3 team group. More chance of getting injuries. This should be a prestigious trophy to win but seems to have become a matter of fact piece of silverware to have. Just my thoughts.
  15. Ffil06

Devils vs Stars - 10 Oct 19 - League

Having travelled back on Wednesday from Sweden I was somewhat tired going to the game last night. Bearing in mind I hadn't played or been run ragged the best team in Europe (3 times CHL champions) the night before who were all out for a win. I think the scheduling of this league game was one...
  16. Ffil06

The Clan

Clan were pants in our 1st game. The loss of Reiley threw our lines out of sync. but we still should have beaten them.
  17. Ffil06

Standing Area

Hats off to Block 13. Fantastic performance all through the game. You lot did get the rest of the arena joining in with the known chants of "LETS GO DEVILS......" & "DEVILS, clap clap clap". I'm sure as soon as time goes on and the words to other chants are known the place will bounce & rock as...
  18. Ffil06

steelers vs Devils - 29 Sept 19 - League

More importantly need them for CHL.
  19. Ffil06

Blaze vs Devils - 22 Sept 19 - CC

With Blair Riley getting injured in Saturdays game in 1st period, the team looked as if they were playing together for the first time. I'm sure, having to once again shift lines around did not help. 2 players often getting in each others way. Not saying that's he only reason for this weekends...
  20. Ffil06

Devils vs Clan - 15 Sept 19 - League

Two completely different teams to play against over the weekend. Always looked comfortable for both wins. Clan were so ill disciplined they pretty much self destructed over the 2nd & 3rd period. Few small errors leading to turnovers which will no doubt sort itself out. Atmosphere was muted but...