Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2024/25

Diablo3

He's the sort of player the rest of the league would love in their roster. Very happy he's a Devil again. Not bad for a mid season acquisition.

Jonesy83

Wasn’t really expecting Wilde to stay, but I hoped he would.
You never know, maybe we’ll see him again in the future.

Devils86

A bold decision given the way his career was stagnating (or seemed a bit up and down) a bit prior to coming here. Improved his defending loads as last season went on. Would have been very easy for him to stay another year in those circumstances. Presumably with Gleason and Cody on the books it left only one spot between him and Crawford....

Best of luck to him in Germany

kettdevil1

A bold decision given the way his career was stagnating (or seemed a bit up and down) a bit prior to coming here. Improved his defending loads as last season went on. Would have been very easy for him to stay another year in those circumstances. Presumably with Gleason and Cody on the books it left only one spot between him and Crawford....

Best of luck to him in Germany
Sums it up nicely. Wasn't quite sure what we were getting at the start, he seemed to have only a passing knowledge of defending and whilst clearly a great skater and with high end skills, I was not convinced he was totally committed to bringing others into the play. To be fair to him, after a shaky first month he seemed to make a major leap and slowly established himself as a decent D man with a significant offensive upside. Crawford is clearly a much safer bet but wouldn't have been disappointed to have him back.

Kevlar68

When Joey signed back to the Devils they left announcing it until stampede maybe they'll do the same with Gleason or any other major signing.

BostonBart22

So looks like mosey has left, so we gotta replace wilde, shyma, Chad,, waller and duggan if rumours are true about last 2 ..and I would think a new backup in net.

Mooney#16

You lose a player like Mosey at your peril. His utility gives you so many tactical options and contrary to the narrative had a very healthy season. I still feel like those players still about from the Covid shortened season are due one last league title in Devils colours.

Have Hope#35

So looks like mosey has left, so we gotta replace wilde, shyma, Chad,, waller and duggan if rumours are true about last 2 ..and I would think a new backup in net.
Can't personally see Mosey going, he had a good season last year, stayed fit, offers good cover for any position and is still faster than most... Not forgetting how good of a relationship he has with Pete Russell.
I've seen a lot of people saying about who we'll need to replace, let's not forget we had 3 Spares... I can only see us starting the season with 1 at the most (2 if we carry Harewood). No doubt Chad and Duggan would leave without being replaced for now.