Clan v Devils - League - 7th april 24 - FO 1700

ASHIPP

Kozun was not going to hang around waiting to be given games when there was an opportunity for him elsewhere to become a No1 starter.
He seems to be having another good game tonight.

Ejercito Rojas

This is not a dig at Bowns, however, unfortunately it’s clear for all to see that his best days are behind him and as long as he is here in a starting role we are not going to progress in the NM role!

E.D.S.

This is not a dig at Bowns, however, unfortunately it’s clear for all to see that his best days are behind him and as long as he is here in a starting role we are not going to progress in the NM role!
Hasn’t he just posted his best league stats for some time? That’s a genuine question as opposed to a statement. I recall reading it somewhere.
Conceding 5 against Clan, Wall must have struggled again.

ASHIPP

Hasn’t he just posted his best league stats for some time? That’s a genuine question as opposed to a statement. I recall reading it somewhere.
Conceding 5 against Clan, Wall must have struggled again.
Like Bownsey conceded 5 against Blaze (who were in the bottom 2) last night! Did he struggle?
The goals against are not always the goalie's fault. Maybe Devils' defensive system was as weak tonight as it was last night. At least they re-discovered their scoring skills.

Ejercito Rojas

He has..... but facts and medals clearly are not relevant in this argument it seems
Because….. BostonBart has just mentioned how our back ups have not been the greatest recently.
I am offering a possible reason why that may be, it was in this context that i mentioned Bowns!

One of the main reasons we concede so many goals recently is that we don’t defend as a team, indeed a few of our forwards barely defend at all, for instance Cox was on the ice for 9 of the 10 goals we conceded this weekend!

E.D.S.

Like Bownsey conceded 5 against Blaze (who were in the bottom 2) last night! Did he struggle?
The goals against are not always the goalie's fault. Maybe Devils' defensive system was as weak tonight as it was last night. At least they re-discovered their scoring skills.
Yes he struggled big time last night.

ASHIPP

Because….. BostonBart has just mentioned how our back ups have not been the greatest recently.
I am offering a possible reason why that may be, it was in this context that i mentioned Bowns!

One of the main reasons we concede so many goals recently is that we don’t defend as a team, indeed a few of our forwards barely defend at all, for instance Cox was on the ice for 9 of the
10 goals we conceded this weekend!
This has been a key strength of the Steelers' system this year.... team defensive responsibility, playing as a unit.