Devils v Flyers - League - 16th Mar 24 - FO 1900

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1710314812448.png

First game of a home double header and we face the Flyers, who have managed to squeeze themselves ahead of Dundee, albeit with more games played...

1710314913101.png
Looking at the table (taken 13/03) 2 points for fife would make their playoff hopes a little better, especially as we play Clan on the Sunday, but after some good results we're hopefully picking up some steam this weekend before facing the Steelers at home on Wednesday...

ASHIPP

Flyers are a frustrating nemesis team.. they push the Devils. Except Devils spent all game scoring to equalise instead of getting ahead. A point won...hopefully better tomorrow.
Don't want the Giants thinking they are catching us up!

Earnie

The Giants did catch up one point tonight!
We should not have let that game go to overtime . Some mistakes and their very good goalie saw us off. I have to say well done Flyers.
We should have taken that opportunity in overtime when they were called for too many men.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Not a great showing tonight, Flyers had 15 skaters and a long trip here and have taken some big scalps this season. Owen is one hell of a netminder and gives Flyers a chance to win every night, so Clan tomorrow who also lost tonight.

I expected to see more comments on here about Wall’s netminding tonight. All 3 goals and the penalty shot were far too easy for Flyers.
We need to get used to this standard of NM Until bownsy leaves, no decent goalie will want to come to Cardiff to play back up. We got lucky with Taran

BostonBart22

I expected to see more comments on here about Wall’s netminding tonight. All 3 goals and the penalty shot were far too easy for Flyers.
I would think wall will play tonight as we got steelers x 2 and Belfast x 2 starting Wednesday with Nottingham x1 in between so would think bowns will play majority of them. Need to get results against the bigger teams that we will be no pushover in the playoffs .

Pondlife

I seem to be going a bit crazy as I'm sure I saw a Fife player wearing 47 Johnson on his jersey but nothing on the gamesheet.

Am I seeing things or was it just during warmup?

The_Puck

I seem to be going a bit crazy as I'm sure I saw a Fife player wearing 47 Johnson on his jersey but nothing on the gamesheet.

Am I seeing things or was it just during warmup?
I believe he was a former teammate of him as well as a friend.

He asked his family for approval of having his name and number on his warmup jerseys for the rest of the season.

Very nice touch.