Fans' Forum

Wannabe2

I was at the forum and there was no mention of Chad. In fact no questions about any player was raised.
Spot on, I thought I had missed something there, the only time I can remember a players name being used was those who are getting on in age and that was nothing detrimental, and those nasty numbers that some prefer to hide under their shorts.

Wannabe2

Thanks for all that Glynne. Glad someone bothered to do it!
Your very welcome mate, it was a lousy night weather wise, but when people in authority are willing to put themselves out, then to me it needs reciprocating. Plus being a nosey bugger I like to have some idea about what’s going on. One more thing I want to say, and believe me this isn’t meant as being brown nosing, and believe me it ain’t, one sentence Todd used in a one explanation about a question was this is YOUR CLUB, and he wasn’t talking about selling anything, not many others owners say that and it hit a certain chord with me, he also said he isn’t perfect and he ain’t, but who is,the person who never made a mistake never made bugger all. We all drop bollocks now and then, especially me, but in the long run we all want what’s best for OUR CLUB, and that’s all that matters

Kevlar68

Damned if they do or don't, eh? This isn't aimed at you Kev, but your comment does highlight something for me.
I really struggle when folks have complaints and issues and either don't attend, presume nothing will change, or don't even acknowledge the willingness of those who can make changes sitting in front of a room full of Devils fans. We have all kinds of fans. From those that think Gretzky's was perfect (it wasn't) to those who miss the tent (many don't) to those who hate the Vindico and everything about it (it's got walls for starters. Big step up :p).
I miss things about the WNIR. I miss things about the BBT. But there's plenty I do like about the new gaff, and that's with my having battled it for several years from a technical perspective (don't start me on the PA of all three venues...).

We have owners and management who will listen to us and front up. There are plenty of other Clubs where that's a pipe dream. Are we perfect? no. Is that always the aim? Yes. Do we compete every year? Yes. Are injured players threatened with the sack or forced to choose teammates to get rid of if they don't take a 50% pay cut (Like Dan La Costa was)? Hell no.
I take no offence by your reply sully. I did say "IF" it was the same old same old. I feel honored to have the org. that we have as I wouldn't swap them.

Last edited:
Looks like a successful event, well done to all.
I'm one of the "unfortunately I could not attend" brigade as I was in Utah for a few days.
I hope good comes out of it from both sides and brings everyone more together (if that was needed).
Two way feedback is always good.